home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 07:02 AM   #21
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmcgarry View Post
Thank you for the kind words. My experience might have been tainted by life events. My father was just put in ICU with congenital heart failure and kidney failure.

I just found out I have liver and kidney disease. I'm just trying to make it back there as much as I can before "something else" happens

The smiley isn't me laughing... it's trying to smile through the pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmcgarry View Post
Thank you.

My wife and I have been very fortunate. We've stayed at Grand Floridian, willderness club level, poly, club level, yacht clu, club level. Just very fortunate and thankful.

You are carrying an unbelievable amount of crap in your life, both for yourself and for others. I can see how that gets exhausting, and also affects our capacity to handle things we might otherwise shake off. Just how many more black clouds does one need over one's head??!!

Sometimes, just some rest and a quiet space can help stoke our energy again so we can move onward. It may not be so much a Disney rant that you want, as just for people to comprehend all that you are carrying. I would like to underscore that your getting 5 FP bonuses in this day and age was pretty amazing, a bit of grace amidst the frustrations you were dealing with.

My hope is that in the midst of all of this, you do indeed have a place that can refuel you. It sounds like Disney used to be that, and a bad trip made it feel that it isn't there for you as you needed it. Best to you.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:04 AM   #22
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0157 View Post
OMG...I Love Epcot just the way it is...I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't want it to change. I had issues for months when they updated the voiceover on Spaceship Earth. I almost couldn't handle it
My grumbles against Epcot are well documented in other threads. I want the Epcot I had in 2003 / 2004 (with Soarin' and the restaurants thrown in). Over the last 15 years, things that made Epcot special have disappeared. I'm eager to see what the new Epcot will be and like most of what I hear is coming, but like you, I honestly didn't need a re-do of the Jeremy Irons Spaceship Earth, just a dust-off and update!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:16 AM   #23
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
My grumbles against Epcot are well documented in other threads. I want the Epcot I had in 2003 / 2004 (with Soarin' and the restaurants thrown in). Over the last 15 years, things that made Epcot special have disappeared. I'm eager to see what the new Epcot will be and like most of what I hear is coming, but like you, I honestly didn't need a re-do of the Jeremy Irons Spaceship Earth, just a dust-off and update!

Dirk
Follow the money......

Epcot went down as the money left.....no sponsors, no attraction.

I am not so sure why Disney relies so heavily on outside partnerships for Epcot. Its the only Theme Park that Disney owns that operated that way. And regarding the corporate sponsors, what drove them away.....Was is it Disney and the annual fees Disney demanded, or was it just a serious of corporate decisions. Why couldn't Disney just picked up the costs of the sponsored attractions?

Now, I am ok with the new changes cause I rather have new stuff to see and do, then see shuttered buildings and attractions that are 15 years past their life. Something is better then nothing.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:19 AM   #24
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

To the OP.....

Keep on swimming dude!

It seems that you have had an unfortunate series of events......some Disney, some in Life.....all are one and done, but just seemed to cascade at once upon you.

Kepp on swimming......
Old 10-08-2017, 08:38 AM   #25
broganmc
Grand Villa

OP if you read any of my posts you know me and my dad constantly have to cope with medical and other issues. Every trip something goes wrong.

It can be overwhelming. Makes you feel like Eeyore with your own personal rain cloud following you around.

Here's the trick to happiness. Remind yourself of ask your blessings. Then keep telling yourself you can get they this. Pray to the Big Guy for some extra help, courage, guidance, luck. And for every bad thought make yourself think of two positives.

Someone tried to run you off the road? Yeah but you reacted just right to avoid an accident. You got mad driving skills. (Floridians try to kill me every time I get on I4 or drive thru downtown, but even they aren't as vicious as my native Marylanders.) Girlfriend was probably late for her shift and one demerit from being kicked out of the College Program. That means she loses a job and home.

Some fool tried to break into your house but your wicked dog scared the bejesus out of them. I doubt they'll ever be back.

And we all feel Hollywood's pain but the park will get better. Animal Kingdom was construction zone for years. Besides it was DHS' messed up construction parking lot that gave me refugee during that deluge of water we got the other day. I was fool enough to be driving in it trying to get back to Disney. It was nasty. Roads flooded, no visibility, rain going vertical. Disney was a much nicer place to wait it out.

Oh and APs are great. Yeah your old way of touring is done. That will get stake and boring. But there is so much you're only beginning to discover about the parks. You never had time for that stuff. Now you do.

Jen

Vegas NYE Dec 29-Jan 3
Florida March 1-24
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:50 AM   #26
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by broganmc View Post
OP if you read any of my posts you know me and my dad constantly have to cope with medical and other issues. Every trip something goes wrong.

It can be overwhelming. Makes you feel like Eeyore with your own personal rain cloud following you around.

Here's the trick to happiness. Remind yourself of ask your blessings. Then keep telling yourself you can get they this. Pray to the Big Guy for some extra help, courage, guidance, luck. And for every bad thought make yourself think of two positives.

Someone tried to run you off the road? Yeah but you reacted just right to avoid an accident. You got mad driving skills. (Floridians try to kill me every time I get on I4 or drive thru downtown, but even they aren't as vicious as my native Marylanders.) Girlfriend was probably late for her shift and one demerit from being kicked out of the College Program. That means she loses a job and home.

Some fool tried to break into your house but your wicked dog scared the bejesus out of them. I doubt they'll ever be back.

And we all feel Hollywood's pain but the park will get better. Animal Kingdom was construction zone for years. Besides it was DHS' messed up construction parking lot that gave me refugee during that deluge of water we got the other day. I was fool enough to be driving in it trying to get back to Disney. It was nasty. Roads flooded, no visibility, rain going vertical. Disney was a much nicer place to wait it out.

Oh and APs are great. Yeah your old way of touring is done. That will get stake and boring. But there is so much you're only beginning to discover about the parks. You never had time for that stuff. Now you do.

Jen
Now that's the way to play the "Glad Game"!
My Pollyanna sister at heart!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:38 AM   #27
smmcgarry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0157 View Post
OMG...I Love Epcot just the way it is...I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't want it to change. I had issues for months when they updated the voiceover on Spaceship Earth. I almost couldn't handle it
I miss the old Universe of Energy (pre ellen), the old Journey into Imagination, the old World of Motion...

Ive taken into account everyone's responses to my original post. You're all right; I shouldn't come on to a fan board and blast the parks.I'm sorry.

However, there is 1 comment that bothered me... 50 visits doesn't entitle me to a rant. I'm sorry, but I'm a consumer who has spent a lot of money at Disney. Even if I didn't, even if I only spent one day there, the fact that I spent any money absolutely entitles me to a rant if the experience was negative. This has been the 1 and only bad experience I have had over the course of 30 years. Their track record is excellent. Sometimes, you have to vent to get over things.

Some of you said that this wasn't the appropriate place, but where else would I go to do it? A Universal board?? I absolutely love Disney. I wouldn't never feed into the "other guys'" fuel

Again, if I offended, I'm very sorry. However, the responses have been overwhelmingly positive.
smmcgarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #28
smmcgarry
Banned

By the way, some of you mentioned that Disney can't control the fact that it rained.

This is little known, but Disney has so much money that it "bought out" nature. It now has the ability to control the weather.

You're wrong.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:45 AM   #29
smmcgarry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
You are carrying an unbelievable amount of crap in your life, both for yourself and for others. I can see how that gets exhausting, and also affects our capacity to handle things we might otherwise shake off. Just how many more black clouds does one need over one's head??!!

Sometimes, just some rest and a quiet space can help stoke our energy again so we can move onward. It may not be so much a Disney rant that you want, as just for people to comprehend all that you are carrying. I would like to underscore that your getting 5 FP bonuses in this day and age was pretty amazing, a bit of grace amidst the frustrations you were dealing with.

My hope is that in the midst of all of this, you do indeed have a place that can refuel you. It sounds like Disney used to be that, and a bad trip made it feel that it isn't there for you as you needed it. Best to you.

Dirk
Thank you.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #30
smmcgarry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by broganmc View Post

Jen
Your reply made me smile and laugh. You're right. Sometimes we can be so self centered and feel entitlement that we forget that the majority of Americans and people throughout the world are lucky if they have enough disposable income to even get to Disney once, nevermind the ridiculous amount of time that we've been there.

You also said something that made me think... the cast member might have been on her last strike and she has everything to lose. I feel terrible that I complained because I was told in no uncertain terms that this is not a retraining issue, and she would almost certainly be fired.

I may have changed the course of this girl's life trajectory for the worse.