home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-21-2017, 09:11 AM   #11
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudieHopps View Post
Curious if that will translate to Florida at some point?
No. On a typical day at Disneyland, around 75% of guests are passholders. At WDW, it's only about 25% passholders.

Quote:
Have they ever done anything like that at WDW?
Not to my knowledge.

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:56 AM   #12
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

i'm not surprised.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Shorty, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #13
Boundin'
Grand Villa

It's for the comfort of the guests. Money doesn't even enter into this decision.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib *** 9/2018 BLT-Dream-BCV Halloween on the High Seas***10/2018 A Quick Stop at Pop!***BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year ***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #14
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
It's for the comfort of the guests. Money doesn't even enter into this decision.
Ofcourse not
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:20 PM   #15
bwvBound
Grand Villa

RE: Posts 13 and 14 above ... as a local I'll defend Disney Parks on this one. Yes, the move is for the comfort of the guests. The crowd levels at the California parks can be quite unpleasant ... yes, on any given day, most of the attendees are locals.

I hit the point where I opted to become "priced out." The changes to costs and blockout dates crossed my pain threshold. At some point, it will do likewise to others and the crowd level will be more tolerable for the visiting guests ... making big strides to a more pleasant experience.

What I'd prefer for locals are the SoCal 4-day hoppers with a wide window (8-11 months use). The present 13-day expiration isn't friendly for locals ... but I sure enjoy having 4 days spread out over a year's time. That fits for me!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:37 PM   #16
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I don't think so. Florida is different than CA. Most of Florida tourists are from out of state. If they raise prices too high, people will simply go elsewhere. Attendance is already down. We have been there every year on the July 4 for the last five years, and have noticed a steady decline. In addition, even NYE is not at full capacity. The tiered pricing in conjunction with overall price hikes has, IMO has changed some potential tourists plans. IF we had not purchased DVC, we would be going elsewhere too. At this point, we go to relax at the resorts
That makes sense.

[quote=JaxFLBear;1412088]No. On a typical day at Disneyland, around 75% of guests are passholders. At WDW, it's only about 25% pass holders

Wow, I had no idea. That makes sense too, I guess I just never really thought about it. Havenít hit DL yet.
I only thought about how busy WDW weekends are, assuming itís the influx of Fla resident pass holders.
I wouldnít want the AP to go away. Of course itís which way the wind blows sometimes!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote