home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-28-2017, 02:13 PM   #1
Joel0917
Grand Villa

Default Question about ticket use: how does magic band know

how does magic band know which ticket to redeem. this friday i'm going to the holiday party.
but i have the 6 day park ticket on my bands already and the Holiday ticket.
I know we can get in starting at 4pm, so we plan to be there right at 4. How do i make sure when we are scanned it takes the holiday ticket and not use one of the days on the 6 day ticket?
Stayed: SSR, AKV,AKL, THV, All star music, Pop Century, AofA, BLT, CBR.
Disneyland: 1998,2010, 2014, 2016
Stayed: VGC in 14/16
2016 - SSR/AKV and BLT
2017 BLT, SSR, AKV and coronado
Disney cruise: 2007, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016
Wonder 2x and Fantasy 4x
Upcoming:
July 18 - Disney Magic Barcelona
F&W - AKV
NYE - BLT
Disney Fantasy March 2019
Joel0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel0917 View Post
how does magic band know which ticket to redeem. this friday i'm going to the holiday party.
but i have the 6 day park ticket on my bands already and the Holiday ticket.
I know we can get in starting at 4pm, so we plan to be there right at 4. How do i make sure when we are scanned it takes the holiday ticket and not use one of the days on the 6 day ticket?
You need to go thru the entry points that are for the party. They are to the right hand side of the entry gate into MK. The entry points on the left are for day guests and it would use one of your regular park ticket entitlements.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You need to go thru the entry points that are for the party. They are to the right hand side of the entry gate into MK. The entry points on the left are for day guests and it would use one of your regular park ticket entitlements.

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:12 PM   #4
bwvBound
Grand Villa

But for the title question, "Question about ticket use: how does magic band know?" ... how does it know and/or decide?

I have an old non-expiring PH in my MDE account and am considering using a 1-day, 1-park "Value" ticket for my park entry next month. How can I be certain the entry picks off the short-term 1-day pass and not the non-expiring PH?

Thx!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:23 PM   #5
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
I have an old non-expiring PH in my MDE account and am considering using a 1-day, 1-park "Value" ticket for my park entry next month. How can I be certain the entry picks off the short-term 1-day pass and not the non-expiring PH?
You would need to stop at Guest Relations prior to entering a park and have the tickets prioritized in the order you want them used.

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:23 PM   #6
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
You would need to stop at Guest Relations prior to entering a park and have the tickets prioritized in the order you want them used.
This can also be done on the phone in advance. We had non-expiring Hoppers and I was surprised to learn that we had no days left. Seems that it had gotten prioritized above our APs (I made the NE Hoppers current to be able to book FP+ before we had new APs and it seems that they messed up on switching it back when I called) and used up our days. Started with the DVC number and ended up with ticket folks who fixed.

Pretty sure that the DVC folks could have done the order change, but it took the ticket folks to reinstate the days.

And it looks like our 10-day NE Hoppers that had 3 days used and 7 left now have 10 left

Cheers.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:13 AM   #7
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
This can also be done on the phone in advance. We had non-expiring Hoppers and I was surprised to learn that we had no days left. Seems that it had gotten prioritized above our APs (I made the NE Hoppers current to be able to book FP+ before we had new APs and it seems that they messed up on switching it back when I called) and used up our days. Started with the DVC number and ended up with ticket folks who fixed.

Pretty sure that the DVC folks could have done the order change, but it took the ticket folks to reinstate the days.

And it looks like our 10-day NE Hoppers that had 3 days used and 7 left now have 10 left

Cheers.
THANK YOU, both!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:51 AM   #8
SuzanneSLO
Grand Villa

Best to make sure they are prioritized correctly before entering a park.

I tried to get my tickets re-prioritized while inside Hollywood Studios, essentially switching from a 7 day non-hopper to a 7 day hopper. The CM didn’t know how to do it, but he got permission from his supervisor to comp us hopping privileges on the non-hopper ticket. As we had been quoted $170 to add hopping — the tickets were from 2010 and apparently “special” with a “buy 5 get 7 days” deal, thus not eligible for matching to current gate price — this was quite appreciated.
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #9
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post

Cheers.
Who did you call BRP? Disney ticketing? This is great to know since stopping at Guest Services is a pain when your trying to get your day going.

I've had issues with my NE park hoppers being "prioritized" incorrectly even when I stopped at Guest Services and they assured me the correct ticket was on top (as CMs say).

I wish there was a way to see how your tickets are prioritized on your account. That would be nice.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:59 PM   #10
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

I've heard of people creating dummy accounts to assign tickets to so as to avoid the issue of using the wrong ticket. I imagine I probably read it here. I set this up just in case I found a goo deal on tickets I wanted to save for future use. The only problem I've had is that I accidentally set up a dining reservation for one of these accounts. The dining folks assured me that Mrs. Rowrbazzle would still be seated for a reservation for Backup Mrs. Rowrbazzle. I will say my wife didn't really enjoy being listed as a backup, though.