home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 07-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 30,311
Default Park Closing phases Guide

I see members asking frequently about Park Closures during busy times of the year. Below are the four phases that Disney utilizes to ease or deal with over crowding at the parks.

Walt Disney World closing phases

Phase 1
Guests with 'Magic Your Way' base tickets, or a '1-Day 1-Park Ticket', Guests without an admission ticket, and Cast Members using Main Gate & Silver Passes will be turned around at the parking lot booths.

Phase 2
Admission is limited to:
  • Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
  • Annual and Premium Annual Passholders
  • Guests with Hopper tickets coming from another park
  • Guests re-entering the park
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League
  • Guests using Walt Disney World Resort Transportation will be admitted.
Phase 3
Admission is limited to:
  • Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
  • Annual and Premium Annual Passholders
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League

Phase 4

Closed to all guests.
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
PlasWinder
Grand Villa
 
PlasWinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere in TN
Posts: 2,899
Default

Interesting....

I guess that my AP is the reason I've never been turned away before. Yet another reason to keep it even when the numbers don't completely add up. (For those that don't know, I'm usually in Orlando (though not necessarily at a Disney Resort) the last two weeks of every year, which is common to see at least some phase turned on.)
__________________


Official Cheerleader for the Saratoga Springs Hillbillies Team - HOOOODAWGIE!!!


My other Hillbilly Resorts:

Wyndham OceanWalk - Daytona Beach, FL (Trades at 10 months for Wyndham Bonnet Creek!)
Sheraton Vistana - Orlando, FL
Marriott Harbour Lake - Orlando, FL
Wyndham Bonnet Creek - Orlando, FL
PlasWinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
Tammy
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Plano tx
Posts: 1,894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasWinder View Post
Interesting....

I guess that my AP is the reason I've never been turned away before. Yet another reason to keep it even when the numbers don't completely add up. (For those that don't know, I'm usually in Orlando (though not necessarily at a Disney Resort) the last two weeks of every year, which is common to see at least some phase turned on.)
Thank you for this! Does this mean ( example phase three) you have to be a resort guest with dining reservations AND an annual pass? Going to Epcot on the 31st staying in BCV with multiple dining reservations that day but only park hopper tickets. FYI we will be traveling with a child with autism that simply could stay in a park for 12 hours, not sure if they could factor in to them letting us get in later in the day like around 3.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #4
Tammy
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Plano tx
Posts: 1,894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I see members asking frequently about Park Closures during busy times of the year. Below are the four phases that Disney utilizes to ease or deal with over crowding at the parks.

Walt Disney World closing phases

Phase 1
Guests with 'Magic Your Way' base tickets, or a '1-Day 1-Park Ticket', Guests without an admission ticket, and Cast Members using Main Gate & Silver Passes will be turned around at the parking lot booths.

Phase 2
Admission is limited to:
  • Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
  • Annual and Premium Annual Passholders
  • Guests with Hopper tickets coming from another park
  • Guests re-entering the park
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League
  • Guests using Walt Disney World Resort Transportation will be admitted.
Phase 3
Admission is limited to:
  • Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
  • Annual and Premium Annual Passholders
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League

Phase 4

Closed to all guests.
I meant to quote you on the question above 😋
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #5
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado
 
Lamima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Posts: 5,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Thank you for this! Does this mean ( example phase three) you have to be a resort guest with dining reservations AND an annual pass? Going to Epcot on the 31st staying in BCV with multiple dining reservations that day but only park hopper tickets. FYI we will be traveling with a child with autism that simply could stay in a park for 12 hours, not sure if they could factor in to them letting us get in later in the day like around 3.
You are a resort guest so I think you will be able to get in unless it's a phase 4 closing and, from what I have seen, phase 4 rarely happens and especially not at Epcot. Also if a parking at phase 4 closing, it doesn't stay that way all day.
__________________

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise Oct 14-15 at HHI and Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, May 25-28 HHI, Sept 1-7 CCL Horizon cruise
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #6
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado
 
Lamima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Posts: 5,952
Default

See this thread for more details...
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80371

Based on this, I wonder if we should try going to MK on 31st at 2:30ish or 5:45?
__________________

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise Oct 14-15 at HHI and Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, May 25-28 HHI, Sept 1-7 CCL Horizon cruise

Last edited by Lamima; 12-03-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #7
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado
 
erikthewise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 6,429
Default

As the Unofficial Guide once said (and likely still does) concerning Phase 3,
"You can get in, but why would you want to?!" (not an exact quote)
Yes for NYE and a very few other occasions it may make sense, but otherwise it would likely not be an enjoyable experience.
__________________

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)

Last edited by erikthewise; 12-03-2017 at 01:05 PM.
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:06 PM   #8
Dana
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,355
Default

This thread just made me realize I have yet another question: My dad and his wife will be joining us at The Wave for Christmas Day lunch. Their names are not on the reservation (for ease of making FP+). Will they still be able to easily park at the Contemporary? (We will be staying at BLT.)
Dana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #9
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado
 
Lamima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Posts: 5,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
This thread just made me realize I have yet another question: My dad and his wife will be joining us at The Wave for Christmas Day lunch. Their names are not on the reservation (for ease of making FP+). Will they still be able to easily park at the Contemporary? (We will be staying at BLT.)
They scan MB at gate and look for an ADR or resort resie. Either have their names on the ADR or give them one of your MB and they can scan at the arm lift gate thing and come in....even an old MB as long as it is activated on MDE.
__________________

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise Oct 14-15 at HHI and Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, May 25-28 HHI, Sept 1-7 CCL Horizon cruise
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:15 PM   #10
Dana
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
They scan MB at gate and look for an ADR or resort resie. Either have their names on the ADR or give them one of your MB and they can scan at the arm lift gate thing and come in....even an old MB as long as it is activated on MDE.
Thanks! I'll add them in time.
Dana is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 PM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software