home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-05-2018, 04:58 PM   #1191
Commish
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commish View Post
I just placed an online order at BJs.com for 80 $100 cards, used Amex (double membership rewards promo) - order was received, not yet processed.

Following up here - my request for 80 cards was rejected - but the following day was able to get 25 $100 cards (2orders x10,1x5) (at the time BJ's said they had 125 available which later were sold old)
Old 11-05-2018, 05:38 PM   #1192
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Default Check your bj's gift cards

Ok so I joined for gift card sale stocked up on $500 cards and the $150 packs also picked up the AMC black cards.

Received email today and was charged the regular prices- not the sale prices! Customer service via chat is now saying that the Disney gift cards were not discounted.

Check your receipts make sure you got the correct amounts.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #1193
Commish
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Ok so I joined for gift card sale stocked up on $500 cards and the $150 packs also picked up the AMC black cards.

Received email today and was charged the regular prices- not the sale prices! Customer service via chat is now saying that the Disney gift cards were not discounted.

Check your receipts make sure you got the correct amounts.
If this was BJ's the $500 were not on sale they were the standard 4% off

The $100 and 3x$50 were 8% off but BOTH back to regular price $95.99 and
$50 Disney Gift Card, 3 pk.$144.99
Old 11-05-2018, 06:06 PM   #1194
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commish View Post
If this was BJ's the $500 were not on sale they were the standard 4% off

The $100 and 3x$50 were 8% off but BOTH back to regular price $95.99 and
$50 Disney Gift Card, 3 pk.$144.99
Placed my order on the 3rd. The $ 500 hit my cart at @ $479, not 8% but still significant enough to save me a trip to Sams club...The 3 packs were @ $139, when they hit my cart. Got confirmation of order and today was notified by my BANK of the price changes. I get notified over certain dollar amounts...and the price actually changed on my card!

Also, the AMC gift cards jumped also.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:38 PM   #1195
SAMAYA
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Placed my order on the 3rd. The $ 500 hit my cart at @ $479, not 8% but still significant enough to save me a trip to Sams club...The 3 packs were @ $139, when they hit my cart. Got confirmation of order and today was notified by my BANK of the price changes. I get notified over certain dollar amounts...and the price actually changed on my card!

Also, the AMC gift cards jumped also.
Sorry to hear that.

The first email you first received from BJ's Wholesale should be headed, Your order has been received with order number and that email contains your order summary along with the correct total charge which you can produce as evidence of the discount.

What might of happened is that your order wasn't confirmed until the 4th or 5th Nov and as the offer ended at midnight on the 3rd the price automatically changed in the system.

There's a note in the Order Confirmation email which states Your credit card is not charged until item(s) shipped. So if they confirmed and shipped after the 3th then that could be the reason. And if so it's a glitch in their system and hopefully by showing customer services your first email you should be able to sort it out quickly and receive a refund, fingers crossed for you.
SAMAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #1196
Jesper
One Bedroom

Any Samís Club members who could see if they have Disney GCís on sale today? They supposedly have 20% off several gift cards, but Iím not a member and canít see if it applies to Disney cards as well. Thanks!
Old 11-10-2018, 06:16 PM   #1197
MouseforDD
Studio

Default Meijer 10% off

Meijer has 10% off gift card up to $100 off today, in store only.
I picked up 2*$500 Disney GC.
MouseforDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:49 PM   #1198
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
Any Samís Club members who could see if they have Disney GCís on sale today? They supposedly have 20% off several gift cards, but Iím not a member and canít see if it applies to Disney cards as well. Thanks!
I'm just seeing the normal prices for Disney gift cards. They must not be included in the sale.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #1199
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
I'm just seeing the normal prices for Disney gift cards. They must not be included in the sale.
Same here
March 2014, off site

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #1200
khaoskat@hotmail.com
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Disney GCs are not included in this promo historically.
khaoskat@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote