home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2018, 11:12 AM   #151
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJourneys View Post
As a nonsmoker who canít stand the smell of cigarette and cigar smoke, vaping doesnít bother me at all.

Initially it did not bother me. But since our first grandson was born and he has asthma and other allergies, it does. Those things effect him and his breathing, which of course makes me an angry Pop-Pop to those people. And e-cigs are worse, which people blur the two together all too often.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #152
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Initially it did not bother me. But since our first grandson was born and he has asthma and other allergies, it does. Those things effect him and his breathing, which of course makes me an angry Pop-Pop to those people. And e-cigs are worse, which people blur the two together all too often.
I know nothing about them, but my guess is that e-cigarettes use a fluid containing nicotine, while other vaping products don't. Is that correct?

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #153
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I know nothing about them, but my guess is that e-cigarettes use a fluid containing nicotine, while other vaping products don't. Is that correct?

Correct. Vape oils/juice can contain nicotine or not. Some contain cannabis, which is becoming more of an issue where I live, now that medical marijuana is legal.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #154
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJourneys View Post
As a nonsmoker who can’t stand the smell of cigarette and cigar smoke, vaping doesn’t bother me at all.
I don't mind the smell of any of them, cigarette, cigar, vape, and I love the smell of a pipe. But, I don't like having it waif into my face unless I so choose (such as going into a place that is clearly for smokers, such as any smoking area).

Thus, the vaper generation has been annoying me greatly.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:48 AM   #155
zafiro
Two Bedroom

I've had 2 encounters recently with smokers, one vaping in AK park and one smoking at BWV. I went within 6 or so feet of each and made it obvious that I was taking their picture. They both said something similar to; "you can't take my picture!". My reply was, "You're not allowed to smoke". I'm completely intolerant and don't care. Have a little respect (if not for yourself) for others and take your nasty smelling, invasive and rude habit somewhere else, like Universal
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #156
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
I've had 2 encounters recently with smokers, one vaping in AK park and one smoking at BWV. I went within 6 or so feet of each and made it obvious that I was taking their picture. They both said something similar to; "you can't take my picture!". My reply was, "You're not allowed to smoke". I'm completely intolerant and don't care. Have a little respect (if not for yourself) for others and take your nasty smelling, invasive and rude habit somewhere else, like Universal
actually you can legally take a picture of anything and anyone without permission in a public space unless they have the reasonable expectation of privacy (bathroom, locker room)

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Turf and Surf and Turf
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
12/2018 BLT-BCV Another New Year*** 3/2019 AoA The Smithereens Trip***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib***12/2019 VGC

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC - all the good ones
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:22 PM   #157
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
actually you can legally take a picture of anything and anyone without permission in a public space unless they have the reasonable expectation of privacy (bathroom, locker room)
Good to know.
I guess the issue is publishing said photo without subjects permission.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:28 PM   #158
The Talls
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Yes...All parks have designated smoking areas, as do the resorts.

The only Disney Lounge that allows cigar smoking is Mizner's. They have a balcony that you can go out on and enjoy your cigar with a drink .
Is this info on Mizner's current ?, I have just read that they no longer sell cigars and not sure about the balcony area ?, tough to get info on this which is surprising as cigar smoking has gained much popularity over recent years.
The Talls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #159
MagicJourneys
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Good to know.
I guess the issue is publishing said photo without subjects permission.
No legal issue there at all. You photograph someone in a public place, you can do whatever you like with the photo, including publishing it anywhere you like, and as the photographer, you own the copyright to the photo.
MagicJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #160
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Talls View Post
Is this info on Mizner's current ?, I have just read that they no longer sell cigars and not sure about the balcony area ?, tough to get info on this which is surprising as cigar smoking has gained much popularity over recent years.

As of August, they still sold Cigars...... Hemingway Short Story $12. If this change was more recent, let me know.

The last time I was there, the balcony was still used and listed for smoking.

Last edited by tomandrobin; 10-12-2018 at 04:23 PM.
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote