home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #31
Boundin'
Grand Villa

yep due for an upgrade. Looking forward to it.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib *** 9/2018 BLT-Dream-BCV Halloween on the High Seas***10/2018 A Quick Stop at Pop!***BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year ***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #32
chunter
Two Bedroom

The ancient roman and Michelangelo scenes and the smell of campfire have always been really magical to me. I hope they don't change those that much.
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #33
zafiro
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiapgh23e View Post
Put us down as another family of LOVES this ride. I really love the whole thing. My favorite is the end where you pick your future and take the picture.
Sadly, for the past 2 years or so, the ride has constant glitches. I've been on that ride about 10 times in the last 10 months, and not once did the "your future" tech work (camera was off, camera didn't work, camera took a spotted pic, whole entire video was off and out, audio was intermittently out, lights in the backwards ride were out, etc..). I haven't had one perfect as designed ride in probably 2 -3 years. And, just a personal contention, they have to leave the creepy Carousel of Progress family and family banter in the CoP, get it out of Spaceship Earth!
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #34
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I am excited about the overhaul. The last update was meh to me.....wasn't enough, bandaid over some parts, changes that I did not like.....etc.

Since they are taking the ride apart and not having any sponsor, Disney will have the opportunity to really improve the attraction......just do not add any characters!!!!

We ride this attraction usually at least once a trip......twice if we need a break and A/C
Old 10-12-2018, 11:31 AM   #35
Joeli
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I am excited about the overhaul. The last update was meh to me.....wasn't enough, bandaid over some parts, changes that I did not like.....etc.

Since they are taking the ride apart and not having any sponsor, Disney will have the opportunity to really improve the attraction......just do not add any characters!!!!

We ride this attraction usually at least once a trip......twice if we need a break and A/C
You mean you don't want a character meet and great in the middle of the ride? What!??!

Upcoming:
Jun 2019 - BWV/BLT?
Mar 2019 - PVB
Feb 2019 - BRV
Jan 2019 - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea
Nov 2018 - BLT?/Swan

Done:
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani)
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:34 AM   #36
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
This is one of my favorite rides, but it does need updating.

While I love having Woz in there (and really do hope they keep him), representing the "latest" in computer technology with Apple IIe (or something much like it), is definitely due for an overhaul

Cheers.
IIe is top of the line! Just got my 16k RAM upgrade, now at 64k of RAM, but of course 4k of that was used in system overhead.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #37
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

One of my oldies but goodies rides. Welcome the update but really surprised they are doing it through the 50th anniversary.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:12 PM   #38
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
The ancient roman and Michelangelo scenes and the smell of campfire have always been really magical to me. I hope they don't change those that much.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #39
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

All time favorite ride. No trip is complete without it at least twice.
DVCjj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:22 PM   #40
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

We always end our Epcot day with FP on Spaceship Earth. For awhile, we were skipping it, but the last few years, they've enjoyed it since they've studied world history, etc, but I think DS just enjoys making a funny face for the picture, then seeing it in the film/on the globe at the end. Usually has his mouth wide open or something silly. They also love finding the hidden Mickeys in there . I like the relaxation of it all, can almost catch a quick nap.

The funniest time we rode was when DS was young and just into pressing buttons, and picked Portuguese as our language for the ride

Very glad to see an update and more modern scenes at the end, and hopefully a change to what all you can do after the ride

Last edited by Jedimom3; 10-12-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote