home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-03-2019, 07:59 AM   #21
DougS
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
He wanted to run the Castaway Cay 5K when we were on our cruise last week, but rules say you have to be 10. He was so disappointed. Maybe he'll be able to run a 5K at Disney sometime soon. My DH would love it too.

I'm curious with all your TS meals if you were on the dining plan?
The big thing about the races is the start time. Before you let DS sign up for a 10k, know that you'll be getting up @ 3:30 to go with him! OTOH, the Castaway Cay 5k may be different. I seem to recall something about it being limited to people that ran something in the Mickey Marathon series, but that could be wrong.

We def do the dining plan, the Deluxe. I saved every receipt this time, to do a comparison, but haven't finished. TBH, I got 75% of our receipts into the spreadsheet and it was obvious that the DDP was a savings, so I stopped entering them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
Thanks for sharing and congrats on the runs! The only runs we ever do is when we see the Disney bus to the right park pulling up and we aren't at the bus stop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
As a general rule, the more pictures on trip reports the better. Never too many!
Well, I'll have to review the 800+ pics we have (my phone, her phone, the 'nice camera', photopass), and throw up a few more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Thanks for sharing. I love the first haircut (memories that will last forever).
You really packed alot into your trip.
Yes the Kidani halls are long (referred to as BFK: as in bum f*@ egypt) and similar to the "shining" hallways of BWV but at least you are inside compared to poly and VGF.
I love the character photos with the kiddos.
Yeah, I was really exited when we heard about the first haircut. Us being @ the barber while the girls were @ BBB was super cute.
So far our favorite was VGF. That was just "elevator downstairs, 20 ft hallway, get on monorail". I doubt anything else would ever top that!!
1989 - Caribbean
2013 - Disney Cruise Line
2015 - Grand Floridian
2016 - Caribbean Beach Club
2017 - All Star Movies
2018 - CCV
2019 - AKV (Trip Report)
2020 - DRR (April)

DougS is offline   Reply With Quote