home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-03-2018, 07:32 AM   #21
NYDVC
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedwards View Post
Yeah this specific rumor about River Country has been going on for years.....while I love the idea, Im a but skeptical.
I understan the skepticism but this does mean there thinking about something on this site. I think this would be a great addition to the DVC family of resorts.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, shouting 'GERONIMO!" Bill McKenna

NYDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:48 AM   #22
jedwards
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Our home is BRV...decided to mix it up and try a cabin at Ft Wilderness..just left today after 5 day stay..loved it by the way..had 2 random CM’s that found out we were DVC tell us that “soon” we would be able to stay there..said they were doing soil samples to prepare to move forward..niether was a bus driver tho
Our first stay on Disney property was in a Wilderness Cabin and we loved it as well. Its what made us lean toward DVC, years later.
jedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #23
Zachattack
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Campground may suffer??

I remember camping with the cub scouts at fort wilderness each year and loving it. Haven't been back since but I am wondering if all the construction will take away from the "quiet outdoors" feel? Seems like it will.....assuming of course. I'll hope not but again my kids are bigger now so FW is probably done for us.
Zachattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #24
all4disney
Studio

I'm getting caught up on my podcasts and found The Disney Dish discussed the new Ft. Wilderness DVC resort back on May 30th. According to them, the plans are pretty firm to get it open by Disney's 50th anniversary in 2021.

https://disneydish.bandcamp.com/trac...ess-dvc-resort
all4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:46 PM   #25
melcort10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I wish they would do the rumored Epcot location near the front entrance.
I thought that this one, too, was already in some sort of "confirmed" status?
melcort10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:52 PM   #26
Orion54
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcort10 View Post
I thought that this one, too, was already in some sort of "confirmed" status?
If not, they're moving a ton of dirt and trees for relocating that water retention pond. They've dug all the way to the solar panels.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:13 PM   #27
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Here's what I found from WDWThemeParks.com:

May 31, 2018: two websites are reporting that Disney is hiring contractors for a new themed hotel on the former River Country site (near Fort Wilderness). Architecture firm WATG is expected to design the resort with construct to be done by Balfour Beatty.

The resort calls for 1340 bays (industry term for standard sized rooms) and 300 "equivalency units" for DVCs that may utilize up to 940 bays depending on size.

WATG has previously worked on Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, the convention center and the wedding pavilion.

The estimated cost for the new resort is $350 million with development potentially being higher than that. This project appears connected to the Project 89 permits that were filed in March.

NOV 2005 Grand Floridian (cash) - engagement!
FEB 2007 Port Orleans Riverside (cash)
APR 2009 Polynesian (cash)
JUN 2011 Contemporary (cash)
OCT 2011 Contemporary (cash) - MNSSHP
! New DVC Owners !
OCT 2013 BLT/VGF opening day
MAY 2014 BLT
OCT 2014 BLT - MNSSHP
MAY 2016 AKV - MK After-Hours
AUG 2016 VGF
OCT 2016 BLT -MNSSHP
APR 2017 OKW
OCT 2017 VGF - MNSSHP
DEC 2017 BLT
APR 2018 Coronado Springs (cash)
SEP 2018 BCV
OCT 2018 CCV -MNSSHP

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:07 PM   #28
YMMDVCer

I hope the pool area is awesome. Stormalong bay size with old school river country theming.
YMMDVCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:45 AM   #29
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

So this is possibly the new river country dvc resort. Great location, but I anticipate point charts between the older resorts and vgf and the poly on this one. Curious if they will install gondolas there to mk and epcot, or will they just use the waterway to mk
One more thing...I thought the place is totally inha ited with gators...
Old 09-01-2018, 09:59 AM   #30
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
So this is possibly the new river country dvc resort. Great location, but I anticipate point charts between the older resorts and vgf and the poly on this one. Curious if they will install gondolas there to mk and epcot, or will they just use the waterway to mk
One more thing...I thought the place is totally inha ited with gators...
There are no plans to expand the gondolas anywhere! They could either put in a new dock or a walking path to FW and WL, or both.

The permits filed so far don’t show much, it’s just for the exploratory stuff. But they super-impose reasonably well on the old plans. Sounds like it’s not totally DVC though, from what Mass Transit posted. I think Tom knows more than he’s letting on though

As for the gators, they could just rename the Gator Country Resort. I imagine though they’ll scarper once construction starts. After all, they’ll have a lot of clearing, decontamination and then back-filling to do before construction can even start. The gators will be long out of there.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote