home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #171
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
As for the dishes - we keep a set in the Owner’s Locker and prefer our Tervis mugs and Mickey coffee mugs anyway. I was just amused last November that after all the kerfluffle a few years ago and them putting the glassware back, they had quietly disappeared again! Crafty mouse, that Mickey is!
We had real mugs and glasses with paper plates and utensils (along with a couple paper to-go cups) in our Poly studio. In the survey I got I did say I'd like to have a couple extra to-go cups. I certainly wouldn't want only paper cups, though. That'd be terrible unless they were replenishing them daily - which would be at odds with DVC. Of course, daily trash service is already at odds so why not.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:03 AM   #172
ssconner
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crusher View Post

I will do my part by eschewing all plastic cups. I will volunteer to relax under the tap outside Canada, mouth open and enjoy a healthy pull on the Unibroue La Fin Du Monde. It’s the least I can do.
I am gonna wreck your day... sorry in advance

No more Fin Du Monde. Apparently it has been discontinued at Disney (per the girl at the Canada cart over our Memorial weekend trip). Sad, sad day.
ssconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #173
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
That sounds encouraging re: the checks. To be honest, I think they mostly won’t be a problem, and it sounds like they want to do it right.

As for the dishes - we keep a set in the Owner’s Locker and prefer our Tervis mugs and Mickey coffee mugs anyway. I was just amused last November that after all the kerfluffle a few years ago and them putting the glassware back, they had quietly disappeared again! Crafty mouse, that Mickey is!

Dirk
If they continue to do it right, I won't mind the security checks. I am a little 'concerned' about how many new towels we got last week in terms of MFs, but at least everything was nicely done. They mostly came while we were out, but when we were there, they were kind which is all I ask for.

We're usually not in studios (save PVB) so the plates aren't a big issue for us. Last time we were there, we had real cups/mugs and I think I'd want that. However I don't usually get upset about that kind of thing much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Have to say we just spent a week a SSR over Memorial Day
- we were in congress park and the bathrooms all had the little tubes of shampoo conditioner and body lotion. I was actually shocked to see them
- we also had no security checks. Someone from our group was pretty much in the room at all times. To be completely honest would have been completely happy with trash removal breakfast for 7 daily filled the little can quickly. We did have regular trash and towel day 4. if they came to check the room during our January trip at OKW the garbage was never emptied than either.
We actually did have the security checks. I know they came in every day. We normally were out from 8-9 am until 1-2pm then we'd go to the pool or something. They never came while the sign was on our door. They did replace our towels daily towards the end which I don't need, but when they came while we were there and no sign on the door, they didn't care if they came in or not.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:48 AM   #174
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
We had real mugs and glasses with paper plates and utensils (along with a couple paper to-go cups) in our Poly studio. In the survey I got I did say I'd like to have a couple extra to-go cups. I certainly wouldn't want only paper cups, though. That'd be terrible unless they were replenishing them daily - which would be at odds with DVC. Of course, daily trash service is already at odds so why not.
It makes sense they would be at PVB.

They were supposed to put the glassware back into the Studios at resorts that had attached kitchens and room service, and then they were supposed to install dishwashers at a couple of housekeeping locations in the spread-out resorts like SSR and OKW and return the glassware. Theoretically they did that because the mugs and glassware returned. However, as I noticed at SSR in November, they were gone again.

I can't remember their status last summer as I was only there for a few days and simply lived out of the Owner's Locker.

Honestly, I don't really care because we use other means, but I do think it's pretty cheap to not offer a few basic mugs, glasses, and plates in a studio. Why even bother with the dish-soap if everything is disposable? They are essentially saying, "We're too cheap to give you real plates and glasses, and we know you'll bring your own since living off of paper for a week is sad, so here's some Palmolive for your trouble."

Eating off of Disney-thin paper is not pleasurable, but a quick trip to Target took care of that for us!

Dirk
Old 06-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #175
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaakers87 View Post
I think this is a good change. It reduces the waste generated by thousands of tiny bottles and also gives you a full supply of shampoo / body wash for your entire stay. One less thing you need to purchase at Publix while you are there on an extended stay.
No, just no... Supplies every 3 days is plenty..and if I wanted to be in a gym shower I would not buy at a Deluxe Resort. I expect deluxe amenities and supplies.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:18 PM   #176
Sykes
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
No, just no... Supplies every 3 days is plenty..and if I wanted to be in a gym shower I would not buy at a Deluxe Resort. I expect deluxe amenities and supplies.
The permanently installed dispensers are deluxe amenities and supplies. The standard is evolving and I expect that within 5 years the individual toiletries will be more difficult to find worldwide than the large bottles in 5-star hotels.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:53 PM   #177
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

Quote:
if I wanted to be in a gym shower I would not buy at a Deluxe Resort.
Hear! Hear!

Oct 2018 POP/BWV/BLT
Feb 2019 VGF
May 2019 VGF
June 2019 BLT
August 2019 Celebrity Eclipse
October 2019 Disney Magic DVC Member Cruise??
dvf_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #178
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
It makes sense they would be at PVB.

They were supposed to put the glassware back into the Studios at resorts that had attached kitchens and room service, and then they were supposed to install dishwashers at a couple of housekeeping locations in the spread-out resorts like SSR and OKW and return the glassware. Theoretically they did that because the mugs and glassware returned. However, as I noticed at SSR in November, they were gone again.

I can't remember their status last summer as I was only there for a few days and simply lived out of the Owner's Locker.

Honestly, I don't really care because we use other means, but I do think it's pretty cheap to not offer a few basic mugs, glasses, and plates in a studio. Why even bother with the dish-soap if everything is disposable? They are essentially saying, "We're too cheap to give you real plates and glasses, and we know you'll bring your own since living off of paper for a week is sad, so here's some Palmolive for your trouble."

Eating off of Disney-thin paper is not pleasurable, but a quick trip to Target took care of that for us!

Dirk
I think I read something about the lack of dishwashers being a reason for taking them away in the past. I couldn't understand why they weren't able to use the dishwashers at the restaurants. Regardless, it's not like we're talking about anything special - it's a dishwasher.

And, I agree, the paper plates are not ideal. I'd sure prefer real plates, bowls, and silverware. I'm happy to hand-wash and re-use them.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #179
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
So you should have bought the Ritz vacation club option and then you would have a "deluxe resort"

You bought at Disney which will never truly be "deluxe" (it takes more than calling yourself Deluxe to make it a true deluxe)

This is the new standard for hotels and is coming soon to real deluxe hotels. It's time to accept and move on folks!
CarolA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:12 PM   #180
uwdude
One Bedroom

I assume the product is still the deluxe stuff, but doubt that housekeeping will keep the pumps or the holder clean, which is my concern. And what about the lotion? I know at Poly and GF they give lotion bottles, i forget whether they do at the others.
uwdude is offline   Reply With Quote