home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 05:27 PM   #11
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.disney.couple View Post
Just so I'm understanding this correctly

Do you cancel the original reservation in the second browser while in the 20 minute window and then refresh the first browser where you have the new reservation ready to go in the new browser?

Refreshing the browser doesn't do anything to that new reservation?

Thanks!
Correct, you open one browser, bring up the dates and villa you want book. At exactly 8am ET you click continue and (hopefully) that brings up the screen where it says the room is available and lists the contracts it wants to take the points from and says you have 20 minutes at the top.

You open the second browser, log in and cancel whatever you had originally booked.

Then you go back to the first browser and hit the refresh button. Same screen comes back up, but now the points you released through the cancellation are there and available to use for your new booking.
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #12
richviii
One Bedroom

Feeling a little more confident after these posts. Thank you all!

Recent
2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin Apr - BCV [b]2018 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #13
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Has worked for me a few times. Of course one never knows if/when that could change...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #14
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

I've done it several times and it has always worked, but I will admit I used two Chrome***** (rather than 2 browsers on same computer). Every single time I hold my breath, but it has never been a problem. Yesterday, I was in the middle of booking a reservation for next year and I decided I better bank my 2 points from this year before booking, so I did open a new window (same browser) and bank those points before coming back to the booking window and refreshing and it showed the new point allocation correctly.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:31 PM   #15
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

It worked for me just this morning. I moved from VGF to a 1-bedroom at Copper Creek. Now, I did make sure there was availability at VGF just in case something happened so I could book VGF again if need be.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:52 AM   #16
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

Weren't they supposed to come out with additional website functionality around modifying reservations this summer? Perhaps when they do that they'll make it so doing switches like this are just a task you can do normally rather than having to trick it by doing the browser switch.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:55 AM   #17
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseKayC View Post
Weren't they supposed to come out with additional website functionality around modifying reservations this summer? Perhaps when they do that they'll make it so doing switches like this are just a task you can do normally rather than having to trick it by doing the browser switch.
When I was on the phone with Member Services the other day, the Cast Member volunteered that we would soon have several more options available to us. I remember she mentioned we would be able to change names on reservations plus several other things. She made it sound as if it was coming really soon, but did not offer a timeframe.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #18
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
When I was on the phone with Member Services the other day, the Cast Member volunteered that we would soon have several more options available to us. I remember she mentioned we would be able to change names on reservations plus several other things. She made it sound as if it was coming really soon, but did not offer a timeframe.
Changing and/or adding names should definitely be on their list. Earlier this week when I did my swap, to save time I only entered myself as a guest on my new reservation. Later, I did the online chat with a CM to add the additional names.

I found it ridiculous that I needed to call or chat with a CM to do such a simple task.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #19
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseKayC View Post
Changing and/or adding names should definitely be on their list. Earlier this week when I did my swap, to save time I only entered myself as a guest on my new reservation. Later, I did the online chat with a CM to add the additional names.

I found it ridiculous that I needed to call or chat with a CM to do such a simple task.
It would be nice to be able to drop a night or add a night on your own as well. I can't think of much else I have wanted to on my own, but I bet there are things I have not though of.