home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 06:02 PM   #21
willow13579
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
I am currently on weight watchers so this is killing me, lol...

Favorite appetizer: bread service at sanaa, cheese plate at Artist Point or Cali Grill or Tiffins or the Wave....mmmmmm

Favorite meal: probably a filet and brussel sprouts at Artist Point and Ohana noodles, potstickers and steak a close second...but then I got great fish at The Wave and Tiffins and scallops at Cali Grill

Favorite dessert: Ohana's Bread Pudding

Favorite snack: salted caramel in Germany

Favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic): so many but have to go with the must do Grand Marnier slushie

Going to add favorite comfort meal: chicken parm at Tratt Al Forno or Kobe Burger at Yak and Yeti.

Yep, you can tell I am dieting...starving right now and want everything on this thread.
Oh, I'd forgotten about the Grand Marnier slushie! I change my answer to it! That and the Frose that's served at the pool bars are always on my list.
willow13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:04 PM   #22
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Right there with ya! I’m dreaming of everything I will be able to eat...in November.

Has anyone tried Tony’s since they revamped the menu? That gnocchi is calling to me... hope it’s as good as it sounds!
That's why I am doing WW....so I can partake my butt off in Oct. We will be at WDW 1 night and then on an 8 night cruise and then at HHI 1 night. Aim was to lose 28ish pounds prior and then have room to gain 5 back that week.

and we ate once at Tony's in Oct 2015. It was yucky!

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise and Oct 14-15 at HHI then Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and Jan 18-21 HHI
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:07 PM   #23
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow13579 View Post
Oh, I'd forgotten about the Grand Marnier slushie! I change my answer to it! That and the Frose that's served at the pool bars are always on my list.
Pool bars... that reminds me of that blue moscato colada that's at, or was a year ago, AKV pool bars....mmmmm.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise and Oct 14-15 at HHI then Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and Jan 18-21 HHI

Last edited by Lamima; 06-13-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #24
reblzmom
Grand Villa

I don't know where these fit but:

Everything at the Cali Grill brunch; grits at Kona.....mmmmm
Old 06-13-2018, 06:46 PM   #25
DBridge
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

9 course meal at V&A with the wine pairing

Covers all categories
DBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:46 PM   #26
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Confession time. I've never tried bread pudding. Am I missing something wonderful?
Oh yes! It's usually not too sweet or rich yet not too heavy. It's comfort food for dessert to me. Very good stuff!
Old 06-13-2018, 06:55 PM   #27
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Right there with ya! Iím dreaming of everything I will be able to eat...in November.

Has anyone tried Tonyís since they revamped the menu? That gnocchi is calling to me... hope itís as good as it sounds!
I haven't been to Tony's, but the gnocchi at The Wave is delicious!
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #28
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Oh yes! It's usually not too sweet or rich yet not too heavy. It's comfort food for dessert to me. Very good stuff!
I tried the Tonga Toast at OHana once. I didnít like it. Is it anything like that in texture or flavor?
Old 06-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #29
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
I haven't been to Tony's, but the gnocchi at The Wave is delicious!
Ooohhh! Now Iím gonna have to go look at their menu!
Old 06-13-2018, 07:19 PM   #30
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

This is not easy. I am mentioning Flying Fish here a couple of times as it was my favorite in May. The chef often changes the menu, however.

Favorite appetizer: Hard one... I usually get a cheese plate if ordering an appetizer. The evolution of cheese at Flying Fish is very good, as is their potato leek soup (I love soup but am usually low carb).

Favorite meal: Again with Flying Fish - I had the Chilean Sea Bass with Leek Fondue and Cassis-Red Wine Sauce. There wasn't a choice on what was served with last time, but I loved it. It was a throwback to their now-gone staple - the potato wrapped snapper.

Favorite dessert: Viking Coffee in Norway. I don't drink coffee or do dessert at home, so this is truly a treat.

Favorite snack: At Abracadabar - Thrice Spiced Fries - Chef's spice blend, feta cheese, sriracha aioli. These are really good and really rich.

Favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic): ooohhh depends on the mood and the trip. A must-do is the Stowaway Mary in Epcot (refreshment port), but I like the Magic Mirror at Abracadabar as well. The occasional Lapu Lapu is fun! At home I am strictly Vodka/club soda/lime or dry white wine, so anything different than that is a treat.
JerseyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote