home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-15-2018, 09:08 AM   #11
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradybunch View Post
Still waiting for our resale contract. We were told it would close on Tuesday and since have not heard or been able to make contact with either the agent or title company Iíve been checking the comptroller every 10 minutes nothing yet.... we could buy 75 points today but would rather not if we can do 50 in a few days (or even 25 if something comes up from a waiting list). Nail biting times!!
I believe you do not have enough time to beat the rush if you looking for March use yr and want 2017 pts. If deed Iíd not recorded yet, will be almost impossible to have member number before 25th.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:22 AM   #12
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Still waiting for our resale contract. We were told it would close on Tuesday and since have not heard or been able to make contact with either the agent or title company Iíve been checking the comptroller every 10 minutes nothing yet.... we could buy 75 points today but would rather not if we can do 50 in a few days (or even 25 if something comes up from a waiting list). Nail biting times!!
No issues if the resort isn't sold out. I've done that without any issues at all. In fact they not only sold me the points but did a point reallocation so I could unborrow to use new points first.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:40 AM   #13
iheartglaciers
Studio

Quote:
That’s frustrating... wouldn’t we all love an insider’s view with the guides?! Who knows what’s truly going on?
This happens because due to the law, Disney has to sell you a contract with the current UY’s points. So if you want to buy Oct UY points now, they need the full 2017 points to give you. If they only have an Oct UY contract they took through ROFR with full 2018 points, they can’t sell points to you until after the 2018 UY starts.

So people say if you want hard to get direct points, you should call a day or two after your UY starts :-)
iheartglaciers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #14
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
I have noticed in the past when trying to make small direct purchases right before (less than 30 days) my use year inventory in available for my resort (BWV) but then miraculously I get a call the 1st week after the use year begins that there is inventory available again.

Let us know how you make out.
this happens when Disney ROFRs a contract that is missing the current points. They have to wait for the new UY to roll around before they're even legally allowed to sell the contract.

My guide straight up told me that my best chance for adding-on at BCV would be to call the very first day of the UY, since that is when they'd have some new contracts available to sell.

*ETA -- I see @iheartglaciers beat me to it.

Last edited by mustinjourney; 02-15-2018 at 01:39 PM.
mustinjourney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:13 PM   #15
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
this happens when Disney ROFRs a contract that is missing the current points. They have to wait for the new UY rolls around before they're even legally allowed to sell the contract.

My guide straight up told me that my best chance for adding-on at BCV would be to call the very first day of the UY, since that is when they'd have some new contracts available to sell.

*ETA -- I see @iheartglaciers beat me to it.
Interesting, good info.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #16
bradybunch
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartglaciers View Post
This happens because due to the law, Disney has to sell you a contract with the current UYís points. So if you want to buy Oct UY points now, they need the full 2017 points to give you. If they only have an Oct UY contract they took through ROFR with full 2018 points, they canít sell points to you until after the 2018 UY starts.

So people say if you want hard to get direct points, you should call a day or two after your UY starts :-)
Ahhhh that makes so much sense! Thanks for explaining!
bradybunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #17
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartglaciers View Post
This happens because due to the law, Disney has to sell you a contract with the current UY’s points. So if you want to buy Oct UY points now, they need the full 2017 points to give you. If they only have an Oct UY contract they took through ROFR with full 2018 points, they can’t sell points to you until after the 2018 UY starts.

There was a time, a couple of years ago or so, where DVC was selling add on contracts to older resorts without current points. It was the only time I had heard of it but there were several reports of people buying as well as being told that their contract would not come with current points. I don't know if it's law for them to have them and would assume not or they wouldn't have done that but I do assume that people weren't too happy about it. Guess it's better to get the call after the UY starts and there are current points although in the end the dues calculations would be almost identical so it wouldn't have made too much of a difference other than what the perception was.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:06 PM   #18
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
I have noticed in the past when trying to make small direct purchases right before (less than 30 days) my use year inventory in available for my resort (BWV) but then miraculously I get a call the 1st week after the use year begins that there is inventory available again.

Let us know how you make out.
Not miraculous, just good business. Disney would have to have March 2017 points in Developer inventory to sell to you. Since it's only a few weeks until the end of the 2017 use year, why wouldn't they have already used them if they ever had them ( for a cash reservation by DRC) or maybe banked them rather than letting them expire unused?

I wouldn't hang on to points hoping for a sale i f I could make some $$ by using them. In other words, it seems more likely ( and better inventory management) for them to have current use year points in their inventory the closer it is to the beginning of the use year than it would be towards the end.
Carol is online now   Reply With Quote