home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 06:33 AM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default Stroller thief caught in Disney

Wow....The lows some people go.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a6eeb8f...ughter-as.html
Old 05-18-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

WOW....just WOW...another wow on the fact that there is actually an 1800.00 stroller on the market. Too bad its the kids on both ends who suffer the most.
We always brought our own strollers to disney when the kids were small (granted they were not 1800.00, but not cheap either) and we always had the false disney sense of security that everything is fine.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:53 AM   #3
patty57
Two Bedroom

The owner also had her wallet, keys and niece's Epi-pen stolen because she left them in the unattended stroller while they all went on a ride. Who does that? I realize that the owner was the victim of a theft, but that is just beyond stupid.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:55 AM   #4
Yogi3323
Add-on Aficionado

Location: to Quote Bruce .. "somewhere in the swamps of Jersey"

Old 05-18-2017, 07:01 AM   #5
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
The owner also had her wallet, keys and niece's Epi-pen stolen because she left them in the unattended stroller while they all went on a ride. Who does that? I realize that the owner was the victim of a theft, but that is just beyond stupid.
I thought the exact same thing. Still can't believe someone would buy a stroller that costs that much AND that someone goes around stealing strollers.

Nov/Dec 2011 - AKL - Jambo - 1st visit ever!

Feb 2013 - AKV - Kidani - Brought the in-laws
Nov/Dec 2014 - AKL - Jambo - Brought in-laws & sister-in law's family
June 2015 - HHI/BCV/VB - CRAZY trip!
Nov/Dec 2015 - BWV & AKV - 1st split stay
June/July 2016 - HHI/BWV/Poly Split Stay
Nov/Dec 2016 - AKL - Jambo
June/July 2017 - OKW/HHI
Aug 2017 - PVB - 25th Anniversary - NO KIDS
Nov 2017 - AKL - 1st Concierge Stay
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:02 AM   #6
DisPoly15
Studio

This story is just plain crazy

1. Who takes a $1800 stroller to disney
2. If you can afford an $1800 stroller certainly you can just rent another one so it doesnt completely ruin your day
3. Oh, they left all their belongings including wallet and car keys in the stroller while they went on a ride. WHAT?!?!
4. Who buys a stroller named bugaboo donkey?

This should have never happened and the woman was wrong to do it, but come on. Show some grown up responsibility and think about what you're doing. When everyone else is pushing around thow away umbrella strollers your Cadillac is going yo stick out like a sore thumb. Protect yourself. Protect your belongings, and use some common sense.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:11 AM   #7
disneyteach
One Bedroom

Not sure why some are victim blaming. While I agree that an $1800 stroller is expensive, if I had an $1800 stroller, you better believe it's coming with me everywhere I go! As far as leaving medically necessary supplies, wallet, and car keys, I do believe that is an instance of Disney providing a false sense of security. Also, I think I read that it is the niece's epipen. Being someone who doesn't regularly carry such supplies, I can see accidentally leaving it behind. While we always take our backpack with us, my husband has been known to put the car keys in a "secret" compartment in the stroller.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:18 AM   #8
helenabear
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
Not sure why some are victim blaming. While I agree that an $1800 stroller is expensive, if I had an $1800 stroller, you better believe it's coming with me everywhere I go! As far as leaving medically necessary supplies, wallet, and car keys, I do believe that is an instance of Disney providing a false sense of security. Also, I think I read that it is the niece's epipen. Being someone who doesn't regularly carry such supplies, I can see accidentally leaving it behind. While we always take our backpack with us, my husband has been known to put the car keys in a "secret" compartment in the stroller.
I have to agree with this.

I accidentally left our DSLR in the stroller once. It was there when I got back, so we were lucky but still.

Some people like the bugaboos so if they want to spend that on a stroller, who cares? Sorry but victim blaming is just not cool IMO.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:40 AM   #9
patty57
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
I can't agree with you on this. I'm not blaming the victim for having her stroller stolen...that was really a shame. However, leaving all your valuables in the stroller while you go on a ride is just dumb. Disney isn't providing any false sense of security. This is all on the adults who thought it was a safe and smart thing to do.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:46 AM   #10
jpcdds6
Studio

Couldn't they have just tracked the stroller via it's navigation system?
jpcdds6 is offline   Reply With Quote