home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 12:13 AM   #1
mark0157
One Bedroom

Default Never stayed at Kidani before

This will be our first time staying at Kidani in a 2-bedroom...any room requests we should consider for online check-in? (We have a Savannah view and here are the options - Highest floor, upper floor, Near Lobby, Lower floor, Near Elevator, Near Transportation, Congress Park).
mark0157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:08 AM   #2
Leftcoaster
Founding Member

I do lower floor, near lobby. With the lower floor, you seem to get a better / closer view of the animals.

www.twitter.com/morerumlesscoke

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration

"Don't do anything Revengy 'till I get there."
Leftcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:17 AM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I'd recommend requests with MS to request Sunset savannah but if choosing from the online options I'd select near lobby, lower floor.

Congress park is at SSR so don't select that or it will just be a wasted request.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:29 AM   #4
Nickys
One Bedroom

We stayed almost right next to the Rafiki elevator. It's the second block along so not too far, and if you take the elevator down to the parking there is a back gate to the pool just across the road. Brings you right in at the pool bar, and the viewing area for the savannah too.

If we go back, I'd have MS add a note for that location, instead of adding a request at online check-in.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:14 AM   #5
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
We stayed almost right next to the Rafiki elevator. It's the second block along so not too far, and if you take the elevator down to the parking there is a back gate to the pool just across the road. Brings you right in at the pool bar, and the viewing area for the savannah too.

If we go back, I'd have MS add a note for that location, instead of adding a request at online check-in.
This is a location that we love as well. We do the pool often though.

Also agree with the posted above, do not pick Congress Park as that is the wrong resort
Old 09-13-2017, 05:34 AM   #6
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:

Same here - we have stayed in the Rafiki section twice and love it!!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:55 AM   #7
MMC1
Grand Villa

Does Kidani have a separate check in lobby also or is check in at the main resort?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:08 AM   #8
PirateLinda
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Does Kidani have a separate check in lobby also or is check in at the main resort?
Kidani has its own check-in.

PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #9
Kmermaid
Two Bedroom

Quote:

We too stayed in the same 2bd - great location. Steps from the elevator down to the parking lot. I requested close to Rafiki elevator and thats all I asked for I received it.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #10
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
I do lower floor, near lobby. With the lower floor, you seem to get a better / closer view of the animals.
That's what I thought too, but unfortunately I got lower floor, but WAY out in the last "pod"-not exactly near the lobby. We're going back to Kidani next month and this time we're taking our DGDs, so I hope we get put way out there again. I'm so afraid of where we'll be.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote