home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #1
bostonRob
Grand Villa

Default Kinda peeved

Im going to continue the rant of another poster. This is the third year in a row I have had difficulty getting a room at my home resort.

I was on the phone with MS at 0910 Hrs this morning and the MS ran my dates finding one room left (SV 1BR BLT) In the time it took her to transfer points from one of my contracts to the other (all BLT points) I lost the room. This was no more than 0915 Hrs.

2 Years ago I ended up having a split stay because I couldnt get my home resort (BLT). Last year on my SSR points I was unable to find a complete stay even at SSR now here we are doing only 3 nights and 20 mins after my 11 mo mark I find myself on a waitlist. To be honest I think this is bullshit.

There is something going on with this computer system thats screwing members, im convinced on that. Why does it not hold a res long enough for the MS to book the room? This is arcane and such an irritant.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #2
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

I'm sorry this happened, and totally understand the frustration. Not that it does a lot of good now, but in the future, it may make sense to make the transfer the day prior to avoid the extra time it takes to process.
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; PVB; VGF; PVB; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
Buzz Lightyear Towers
Two Bedroom

Things have changed drastically in the last few years. Everything is web based now. Most people have discovered that they must be on the website ready to book at 8am on the dot 11 months out for certain resorts/room categories at popular times of the year. Some rooms are gone in minutes (or less). By 9:10, the choice bookings will be gone. As a BLT owner, I remember when rooms at BLT were considered high point bookings. After VGF and PVB DVC areas opened and their higher point charts came out, BLT became the "bargain" monorail resort (points wise) and therefore more popular. These factors have even more impact at the 7month mark, and many owners who used to switch resort bookings then are now sometimes "forced" to stay at their home resort by lack of availability.

AKV, BLT, BWV, and PVB are my home resorts. :
Buzz Lightyear Towers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #4
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

I haven't tried to book at December stay in a while, so I have no personal experience with this. That said, with the recurrence of this issue showing up in threads, I'm starting to think that DVD may need to look into re-balancing some of the points to make early December a little more attractive. I agree that 9:10am, 11 months out, you should not be having a problem finding a room.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:53 PM   #5
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

OP if I were you I would have booked this right at 8am not waiting till 0910. Also you can book in your both membership all the nights needed and then just link them.

My Trip Reports

Photobucket has disabled 3rd party hosting, so none of the photos are visible, will move to some other site soon.

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #6
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

This will be the first time in a while we have not booked for first week of December. Home Resort BC or AK (Planning Aukani for December @7 months)
We have never had trouble booking home resort at 11.
But maybe this is it?
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:04 PM   #7
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

I am surprised as it is a 1bedroom..did they have LV or theme park view though? I know you may not want that....

ME ,DH , DS22 , DD20 , DD12

Stayed at : BLT, AKL, BWV, VGF, HHI, VERO, PVB,
DCL 2016
Before DVC Member: POR, ASM, PVR, OKW
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:06 PM   #8
TOMO
Studio

would it work to book the first few days online at 8:00 then later call MS to transfer remaining points to complete the reservation?
TOMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:13 PM   #9
BugsDad
Grand Villa

I'm don't know why they can't temporarily hold a room when they transfer points etc and then finish the transaction. Whenever I call to switch resorts at the 7 month mark they always explain to me that in the time it takes them to cancel my old reservation and book my new that the new room may be gone.

BugsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #10
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMO View Post
would it work to book the first few days online at 8:00 then later call MS to transfer remaining points to complete the reservation?
Yep, and is best strategy.

My Trip Reports

Photobucket has disabled 3rd party hosting, so none of the photos are visible, will move to some other site soon.

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote