home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 10:10 PM   #1
melk
Grand Villa

Default Moonlight Magic was like a step back in time

We went to Moonlight Magic last night at the Magic Kingdom. The best way to describe it was that it was like WDW used to be during the slower times of the year. About 15-20 years ago when my kids were little we would go the week before Thanksgiving or mid-January and it was wonderful. Little to no waits on rides, being able to walk the paths without it being wall to wall people, and not having to camp out to see the fireworks, or pay extra for a good seat.

We basically did all the rides we wanted to do during the evening with the exception of one or two. Granted, we didn't take the time to meet any of the characters but they had some rare ones out last night. I appreciate that they had free food and snacks which we did have but it was mediocre quality at best. But that's what I expected, so no disappointment there.

We literally walked into the hub at 11:25 and got a great seat on the curb in front of the castle. The fireworks were a great show, big finale.

One funny thing from the evening. We were in the stretching room at the HM and the entire room recited the spiel with the narrator. We were all DVC members, obviously we've all been there...a lot!

So my opinion was that we thoroughly enjoyed it, totally worth doing. It was definitely reminiscent of 'the good ole days.' Thanks DVC!
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:31 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for the summary, glad you enjoyed.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:49 PM   #3
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Thanks for sharing!

We are really looking forward to this. We are going on Feb 6th.

PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:06 PM   #4
bradybunch
One Bedroom

Sounds like a lot of fun! We did the Halloween party last year. Our first time at an after hours party and loved how much quieter the park was! We just bought into DVC, really hoping we can get dates to work so we can do a Moonlight Magic too!
bradybunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:47 AM   #5
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Wink How wonderful

How great to not be crowded

I too remember those days

Im going in feb.

So excited. Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:56 AM   #6
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Thanks for your observations! My first trip was not too long ago, so I can only imagine the step back in time. However, it excited me for our upcoming visit and party on the 28th. To see fireworks without having to cram into the hub makes me smile....

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:36 AM   #7
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

My Moonlight Magic park offered during our vacation is Hollywood Studios With so much construction it wont be worth it. Wish we could pick a different park.

Last edited by BWV Dreamin; 01-13-2018 at 05:11 PM.
BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:24 AM   #8
Chris71855
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
My Moonlight Magic park offered dueling our vacation is Hollywood Studios With so much construction it wont be worth it. Wish we could pick a different park.
It will be after Toy Story Land is open though so it should be worth going just for low wait times on the new rides.
Chris71855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:27 AM   #9
bradybunch
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
My Moonlight Magic park offered dueling our vacation is Hollywood Studios With so much construction it wont be worth it. Wish we could pick a different park.
Oh Id totally be excited about Toy Story Land though! We went to Toy Story Land in Hong Kong Disney and it was soooo much fun! A really cute atmosphere
bradybunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:54 AM   #10
shadeaux
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
We went to Moonlight Magic last night at the Magic Kingdom. The best way to describe it was that it was like WDW used to be during the slower times of the year. About 15-20 years ago when my kids were little we would go the week before Thanksgiving or mid-January and it was wonderful. Little to no waits on rides, being able to walk the paths without it being wall to wall people, and not having to camp out to see the fireworks, or pay extra for a good seat.
We told the friends we brought with us to Moonlight Magic the same thing. They said they'd never been at the MK when you could actually walk through the park without fear of being trampled or not have to wait in lines even with a fast pass. I miss the 'good old days'.
shadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote