home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-23-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Default BWV or BCV?

My 7 month window opens tomorrow and I would like to switch my current reservation at our home (BLT) to either BCV or BWV. Right now, both are showing full studio availability for my dates. This is an adults-only trip (our first!) for my birthday. We will be there for just a few days. Which would you choose and why?
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:25 PM   #2
pdude81
Grand Villa

Not to be too much of a downer, but since they have almost no availability for today there is a good chance these get sniped as soon as the window opens tomorrow. Your best shot is going to be the garden/pool view at BWV. Whatever 7 month walking entails, I've been watching it at both those resorts as I hope that one of my waitlist days earlier in the month pops open somehow
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:25 PM   #3
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

BWV if you plan to spend time at DHS. You can easily walk there from BWV but it's a long haul from BCV.

BCV if you want to enjoy SAB. Otherwise the leisure pools at either are very comparable.

BCV if you will have a car and want close to the room parking.

IMO, you really can't go wrong with either.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:27 PM   #4
mustinjourney
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
My 7 month window opens tomorrow and I would like to switch my current reservation at our home (BLT) to either BCV or BWV. Right now, both are showing full studio availability for my dates. This is an adults-only trip (our first!) for my birthday. We will be there for just a few days. Which would you choose and why?
I prefer the theming and decor of BCV. It's also a smaller resort, so it's easier to navigate. It's marginally closer to Epcot...but further of a walk to DHS (although it is a shorter boat ride to DHS since the boat stops at DHS first).

SAB is nicer than clown pool...although the slide at SAB is not that great.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:28 PM   #5
logan115
Grand Villa

Fair warning - you're going to get lots of info to help in choosing one or the other, but you can't really go wrong either way. BCV is a shorter walk to Epcot, BWC a shorter walk to DHS, and it's about a 5 minute walk from BCV to BWV (someone will be a long shortly with a more accurate time).

We like both pools (and pool bars) and everything else at those resorts. Depending on the time of year the bus situation might be different but probably not enough to sway you.

BCV is much smaller, so if you're on the fence and BCV is available at 7 months I'd book it. Not that BWV studios are an "easy get" inside of 7 months but probably easier than BCV.

Chris

MOD 75
logan115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:34 PM   #6
disneyteach
Two Bedroom

Since the kids won't be with us, I don't care much about SAB. I love a good pool, but I think I would enjoy it more with the kids. We will have a car, as we're spending a few days at the beach ahead of Disney. I envision DH & I spending a lot of time at Epcot.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:41 PM   #7
bubster
Grand Villa

Take what you can get, either one is good.

If they are both available I would opt for BCV because it is harder to get into, might as well take advantage of the opportunity. One year I lucked out at 7 months and was shut out the next 2 years. Had to buy a BCV contract to get in consistently.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #8
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Both are great!! We own at BCV. Staying at the BWVs in May and our resort BCV in October.

I would also grab BCV first if it's available (you might not have the same luck next time), if not, you will be just as happy with BWV.

Good luck!!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:47 PM   #9
mustinjourney
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyteach View Post
Since the kids won't be with us, I don't care much about SAB. I love a good pool, but I think I would enjoy it more with the kids. We will have a car, as we're spending a few days at the beach ahead of Disney. I envision DH & I spending a lot of time at Epcot.
I believe the floor plans between the two are identical, so there's not much difference other than the decor and finishes. After the latest round of refurbs, they're fairly similar to each other in feel -- although I do prefer BCV decor -- just feels a little cleaner to me.

BCV studios
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V03iLcn-g7w

BWV studios
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVxHilOCmFc

If you like to use your resort mugs, then BCV is a better option. Otherwise, at BWV you have to go to the bakery or the pool bar to refill the mugs.

Here's a video tour of BCV resort
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWIPVNikuz0

Here's a video tour of BWV resort
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69upsXtlKoE
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:48 PM   #10
TexasChick
Grand Villa

I just did this exact thing a few months ago for our last night when we have to stay in a studio. I was able to book at BWV and decided to stay there. I originally wait listed BCV but later deactivated it. Iíve been told that BWV is a lot of fun without the kids because of the boardwalk with the restaurants and bars. Itís fun with them too, but a good friend told me she always stays at BWV when kids arenít there. My MIL is taking the kids that last night to her hotel (long story), so itíll be just my DH and me. The rest of the trip will be all of us in a 2-bedroom unit at BLT except that night. I donít think you can go wrong with either. Good luck deciding.