home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-11-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
DisneyPhD
One Bedroom

Default 75 Point Minimum for Membership Extras Beginning Feb 25, 2018

Just saw this on the DVC member page. Still grandfathers in all who meet current eligibility for perks.

Membership Extras Eligibility
Effective February 25, 2018, to be eligible for Membership Extras, Members must own and maintain a minimum of 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

All Members who are eligible for Membership Extras as of February 24 will not be impacted by the 75-Vacation Point requirement, as long as they continue to meet the previously implemented eligibility requirements. For more information, visit Important Membership Documents.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:51 AM   #2
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Just read this. So now we are witnessing the end of the 25 point add on. I guess there will be a mad rush to get those last minute 25 pt. Contracts. Disney sure knows how to generate sales....

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:56 AM   #3
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

This maybe means that eventually in the not-too-distant-future that they will drop the 'Grandfathering' for the people with less then 75 points direct.

Wonder if it also means that 25 point direct contracts will become a thing of the past.

Humm................

best,

...............john

PS: Again... time to write those emails/letters expressing displeasure.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #4
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
This maybe means that eventually in the not-too-distant-future that they will drop the 'Grandfathering' for the people with less then 75 points direct.

Wonder if it also means that 25 point direct contracts will become a thing of the past.

Humm................

best,

...............john

PS: Again... time to write those emails/letters expressing displeasure.
I seriously doubt they will change anything after grandfathering. What it seems like will happen is 75pt. May now become the minimum add on....

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #5
capeokw56
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Just read this. So now we are witnessing the end of the 25 point add on. I guess there will be a mad rush to get those last minute 25 pt. Contracts. Disney sure knows how to generate sales....
That would be us. I'm trying to figure if it would be worth it to buy the 25 pts now before the increase to 75 pts. The only thing that we would gain would be the DVC AP vs. our current Platinum renewal cost. I'm sure that we're not alone in this.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #6
Hopels
One Bedroom

All my points are resale with membership extras (grandfathered from 2012 - everything except cruises). I should be okay, right?
BLT January 2013
Swan April 2013
SSR/BCV/BLT January 2014
BCV March 2014
BWV/BLT December 2014
BWV/BLT September 2015
Poly/Fantasy/BLT January 2016
Boardwalk/Fantasy January 2017
Boardwalk/BLT September 2017
Yacht/Grand Floridian January 2018 (Adulting!)
B2B2B DCL Magic Bahamas, Transatlantic, Mediterranean May 2018
Hopels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #7
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

A little bit of the print.....

y. To receive any Membership Extras, purchasers must present a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card along with a corresponding valid photo ID. Effective February 25, 2018, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from DVD. Disney and Concierge Collections options are not available for ownership interests not purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. after March 21, 2011, and, effective April 4, 2016, Members who have not purchased an ownership interest directly from DVD will not have access to Membership Extras.
Polynesian
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #8
cpnkirk
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
That would be us. I'm trying to figure if it would be worth it to buy the 25 pts now before the increase to 75 pts. The only thing that we would gain would be the DVC AP vs. our current Platinum renewal cost. I'm sure that we're not alone in this.
Yep, same here. We own at AKV.

Gold AP DVC = $589
Platinum AP non DVC = $849
Difference = $260

Direct 25 points = $4275
Resale 25 points = $2750 @ $110 (would be $3125 @ $125 since small resale contracts cost more)
Difference = $1525 @ $110 ($1150 @ $125)

$1525 / $260 = 6 years of annual passes. 7 counting all renewals after the first time.

$1150 / $260 = 5 years, even at renewal prices

Plus the various discounts, and access to special events. To me it sounds doable. Do you get no interest for 6 months on Disney visa when purchasing direct DVC?

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:56 AM   #9
rcbarker
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
Yep, same here. We own at AKV.

Gold AP DVC = $589
Platinum AP non DVC = $849
Difference = $260

Direct 25 points = $4275
Resale 25 points = $2750 @ $110 (would be $3125 @ $125 since small resale contracts cost more)
Difference = $1525 @ $110 ($1150 @ $125)

$1525 / $260 = 6 years of annual passes. 7 counting all renewals after the first time.

$1150 / $260 = 5 years, even at renewal prices

Plus the various discounts, and access to special events. To me it sounds doable. Do you get no interest for 6 months on Disney visa when purchasing direct DVC?
And you say that you are a "we" so the return is quicker in that I assume you are buying more than one AP.
rcbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #10
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I hope this is not the case for direct buyers and nothing changes there.

I think this is an effort to stop resale buyers from simply buying a 25 point add on to get direct benefits. Figured it was just a matter of time before they changed the minimum buy in.