home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 11:06 PM   #1
FreakyApe
Studio

Default Puddle Jumpers at Orlando DVC Pools?

Specifically we'll be staying at BWV and BLT this trip.

Do the resorts all have puddle jumpers (the life vest with arm floats and an open back for small children)? I think I saw them once, but at this point with our toddler it's a major problem if we don't have one.

Are puddle jumpers carried at the pools? If so, has anybody ever seen the pool run out of them?

Thanks!!
FreakyApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:09 PM   #2
YMMDVCer
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Didn't see any at BWV but I wasn't looking specifically at the life vest rack. Definitely a rack full of life jackets in a variety of sizes.
YMMDVCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:21 PM   #3
bigmac0712
One Bedroom

I was at BWV last week. No puddle jumpers, only life jackets. Puddle jumpers are not available to borrow at any Disney pool in WDW to my knowledge, and I've been at every DVC pool in the past 12 months.
bigmac0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #4
babysimba
Two Bedroom

When I read your title, I thought this was going to be another thread on forbidden pool hopping--ha ha. We used those flotation devices for our sons but I never knew they were called puddle jumpers. lol

I learn something new everyday on MO's.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #5
FreakyApe
Studio

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac0712 View Post
I was at BWV last week. No puddle jumpers, only life jackets. Puddle jumpers are not available to borrow at any Disney pool in WDW to my knowledge, and I've been at every DVC pool in the past 12 months.
That seems pretty definitive. Thank you!
FreakyApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:53 PM   #6
bwvBound
Grand Villa

When I saw the thread title, I thought of pool hopping using a small-aircraft service. I was imagining Minnie-Vans-in-the-Sky ... maybe as auto-pilot (sorta like a big drone). Now that is a ride I might pay extra up for!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #7
MagicAllAroundUs
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
When I saw the thread title, I thought of pool hopping using a small-aircraft service. I was imagining Minnie-Vans-in-the-Sky ... maybe as auto-pilot (sorta like a big drone). Now that is a ride I might pay extra up for!
Also thought this thread would be about pool hopping. And agree, I would pay extra for that ride too.

1990, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017

Home Resorts: BWV, BCV, AKV, SSR, BLT, PVB
MagicAllAroundUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:14 AM   #8
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
As far as I know they have never been offered either. Only life jackets.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:16 AM   #9
bigmac0712
One Bedroom

They're about $15 on Amazon so many people will order them to use while they're there and some leave them when they go home, but I've only seen them passed from one family to the next via word of mouth. Disney does a good job of scooping up unattended/lost/forgotten items left by the pool. I bet there are a ton in lost and found.
bigmac0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:23 AM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
They're about $15 on Amazon so many people will order them to use while they're there and some leave them when they go home, but I've only seen them passed from one family to the next via word of mouth. Disney does a good job of scooping up unattended/lost/forgotten items left by the pool. I bet there are a ton in lost and found.
I'd bet you are right. Probably lots of goggles too LOL I've just never seen or been told about puddle jumpers when asking for flotation devices. Probably random if someone can get one or not.