home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #1
DonnyDisney
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Grocery list for the week

Hi all! Thank you for reading my very first post!

my DH and I are going in May staying in a 1 bdrm at Copper Creek and I wanted to get a grocery list together as usual, but I wanted to know what others do. We will be using Garden Grocers for the first time.

Also, a pet peeve of mine is that they only leave you coffee for like 2 days and then your stuck drinking decaf. So I was going to order coffee filter packs to bring with me so, I would also like to know which ones you guys use, refillable mugs would be a waste BTW since we don't drink soda and basically stick to coffee in the morning. What I try to do is make sure I buy things that get used up, I hate throwing food away or wasting it. Here is the grocery list:

Eggs
bagels
eng. muffins
peanut butter
cream cheese
milk
spray oil
cheese (whole and shredded)
crackers
Fruit (bananas, grapes)
Taco dinner kit
ground turkey
1 tomato
shredded lettuce
sliced olives
1 can red beans
1 onion
wine (1 btl red, 1 btl white)
case of water
1 case of beer

we obviously plan on having a taco night haha. Please let me know if you guys have a go-to item!
DonnyDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Welcome to MouseOwners!

We bring our own coffee and tea too, and mugs cause the villa mugs are super small. Don't forget sugar for the coffee.

We also make sweet ice tea for the room.

Overall, looks good to me.

I would pack a laundry pod to do 1 or 2 loads while we are there.

We also would throw in a bag of tortilla chips and salsa.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
melk
Grand Villa

That looks like a good list. We usually order snack items too like fruit or packaged nuts, things that can easily be brought with you into a park.

As far as coffee goes I bring about 10 of the basket filters in my suitcase and then order a small bag of ground coffee.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:42 PM   #4
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDisney View Post
Hi all! Thank you for reading my very first post!

my DH and I are going in May staying in a 1 bdrm at Copper Creek and I wanted to get a grocery list together as usual, but I wanted to know what others do. We will be using Garden Grocers for the first time.

Also, a pet peeve of mine is that they only leave you coffee for like 2 days and then your stuck drinking decaf. So I was going to order coffee filter packs to bring with me so, I would also like to know which ones you guys use, refillable mugs would be a waste BTW since we don't drink soda and basically stick to coffee in the morning. What I try to do is make sure I buy things that get used up, I hate throwing food away or wasting it. Here is the grocery list:

Eggs
bagels
eng. muffins
peanut butter
cream cheese
milk
spray oil
cheese (whole and shredded)
crackers
Fruit (bananas, grapes)
Taco dinner kit
ground turkey
1 tomato
shredded lettuce
sliced olives
1 can red beans
1 onion
wine (1 btl red, 1 btl white)
case of water
1 case of beer

we obviously plan on having a taco night haha. Please let me know if you guys have a go-to item!
Looks great. Also looks like you'll be cooking a lot more than we do on vacation! However, are you sure only one case of beer is enough?

BTW, look up DVCFreecycle on Facebook, and you can find someone who'll use the leftovers. We left a bag of snacks & drinks in the vending room near our AKV room last time, and it was gone before the first poster could hike all the way over there to get them!

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:46 PM   #5
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

We always bring a box of Folgers coffee packets. We just throw one in a coffee cup with water and microwave it for one minute. Voila!
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:16 PM   #6
DonnyDisney
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Thank you so much!

Guys!! first thank you for the welcome and thanks for the great suggestions!! I figured it would be saving us money by having at least breakfast in the room, 1 dinner and a couple of snacks because...(insert collective gasp) we wont be going to the parks , but you would be amazed at how full the itinerary is tho! AHH the magic of Disney!
DonnyDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:45 PM   #7
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Wink Leftovers

Saran wrap or tin foil for leftovers
goldilocks_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:45 PM   #8
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Welcome to MouseOwners!

We bring our own coffee and tea too, and mugs cause the villa mugs are super small. Don't forget sugar for the coffee.

We also make sweet ice tea for the room.

Overall, looks good to me.

I would pack a laundry pod to do 1 or 2 loads while we are there.

We also would throw in a bag of tortilla chips and salsa.

When I run out of the laundry detergent they provide I just ask for more? Never na issue...we also have asked for more coffee packs and asked for tea ...never a problem......

ME ,DH , DS22 , DD21 , DD12

Stayed at : BLT, AKL, BWV, VGF, HHI, VERO, PVB,
DCL 2016
Before DVC Member: POR, ASM, PVR, OKW
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #9
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

Looks good! Maybe b/c I put so little sugar in my coffee, but I've never had an issue with running out. They give you a lot and you can always get more from QS or while getting your Starbucks in MK. haha
I do bring my own detergent (eco nuts) because I don't like the stuff in the units and it is only good for one load.

I like ziploc bags for leftovers, instead of foil or plastic wrap, because it serves double duty for bringing snacks to parks. I also buy whole head romaine and then chiffonade for tacos. The knives in the units suck but can do at least THAT!

Maybe bring or buy basket filters and also a bag of ground coffee. Leftovers can seal up in a handy dandy ziploc for trip home.

what about:
yogurt?
instant oatmeal?
frozen waffles?
chips?

And while not a grocery item, we're a shoeless home, so while at WDW, we bring disposable slippers (like you'd find at a higher end hotel) and wear them in the unit during the week. Its just more cozy and my feet don't turn all black on the soles, LOL.

June 2018 VGF
July 2018 SSR/Dream
Oct 2018 BWV/BLT
Feb 2019 BLT&VGF
dvf_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:07 PM   #10
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
We always bring a box of Folgers coffee packets. We just throw one in a coffee cup with water and microwave it for one minute. Voila!
We packed a ziplock bag with coffee grounds & filters. TSA had to inspect it, but other than that, it worked out just perfect for the week.

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote