home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Default Best Title Company Right Now

Just looking ahead here: what is the best title company right now? I know they vary widely on price and customer service provided. I’m just trying to pick mine this hypothetical next time instead of using whomever the broker uses.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
Sephorin
One Bedroom

Hello, TexasChick. I sent you a PM.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #3
glenda
Studio

Default Question

Is there a title company that specializes in DVC and surrounding real estate? or are they more general?
glenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #4
JCinWonderland
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenda View Post
Is there a title company that specializes in DVC and surrounding real estate? or are they more general?
I think there are some that specialize because the one our contract is going through is called Magic Vacation Title It's only been a week so far, but so far, so good .... time will tell. This is our first contract so only title company we are familiar with.
JCinWonderland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #5
BEAM4DVC
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
This is our first contract so only title company we are familiar with.
I'd like to extend an early
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:44 AM   #6
JCinWonderland
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM4DVC View Post
I'd like to extend an early
Thank you! I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it! I wish this had been something we considered earlier, but we just now have young children, so better late than never.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:54 AM   #7
BEAM4DVC
One Bedroom

We did the DVC tour 4 or 5 times when our children were young, but it just didn't fit our vacation style. The Poly was our resort of choice and DVC wasn't there until 2015 so we kept going on the tours thinking we could make it work, but walked away every time saying "no."

We bought when DD was 21 and DS was 16!! So my thought is - you buy when it works for you! Enjoy every point you own and make those everlasting memories, because those children grow up fast!!!!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #8
melcort10
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We were also perfectly happy with Magic Vacation Title (as buyers). They were very responsive and the instructions were clear. The closing costs also seemed low to me.
melcort10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #9
JCinWonderland
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM4DVC View Post
We did the DVC tour 4 or 5 times when our children were young, but it just didn't fit our vacation style. The Poly was our resort of choice and DVC wasn't there until 2015 so we kept going on the tours thinking we could make it work, but walked away every time saying "no."

We bought when DD was 21 and DS was 16!! So my thought is - you buy when it works for you! Enjoy every point you own and make those everlasting memories, because those children grow up fast!!!!
Thanks! That's a lot of DVC tours! I hope you got a few perks for attending! I wish we had done the tour on our trip in February because I think they were offering an extra FP just for doing the tour! We actually didn't even consider DVC until after our trip (our first trip with kids and first in general in many years). Once I got home, I started doing the math and it just works. DH was surprisingly easy to convince too, which is always nice!
Old 04-13-2018, 12:23 PM   #10
JCinWonderland
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcort10 View Post
We were also perfectly happy with Magic Vacation Title (as buyers). They were very responsive and the instructions were clear. The closing costs also seemed low to me.
How were they on closing time? I am hoping they are magically fast!