home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-14-2018, 07:20 AM   #1
Caren
One Bedroom

Default First stay in a Poly studio

Were usually not studio people, but booked two studios at the Poly for a night ahead of a cruise. I must admit that Im, for the most part, quite impressed. The studios feel spacious and the rather retro tiki decor manages to be tasteful rather than in your face. The split bath works well for our family. And you cant beat the short walk to the monorail.

My only quibble is that the studios have no electrical outlets near the bed. They put USB outlets in the side tables but not a standard outlet. This led to a late night request for an extension cord for my CPAP. Still, I think well be back. With an extension cord.
Caren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #2
magicmommy
One Bedroom

Glad you enjoyed it. We are here now for a few nights before moving to SSR. This is our third DVC stay, but honeymooned here many years ago.
Enjoy the cruise! 👓⛑☀🚢
magicmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:57 AM   #3
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

I was pleasantly surprised also. In fact, just yesterday I was looking through my camera photos and saw the Poly room pictures. Brought a smile to my face. I really like the colors, set up and decorations. I'll stay there again too.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:04 AM   #4
willow13579
Studio

The Poly studio is our current favorite. My only qualm is that everyone in our family hit their shins on the corner of that darn bed.
willow13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #5
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Glad you enjoyed! It's really the only studio we'll do with our family. I really think they did a great job with the theming there
Old 04-14-2018, 10:07 AM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Glad you enjoyed, and bon voyage!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:20 AM   #7
Disneycat
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We just came back from our first DVC stay and we stayed at Poly 3 nights and loved it. We were 5 in a studio and it all worked very well for us. Loved the convenience, the room, the bathrooms. We have 3 more stays planned this year at BW, WL and BL to check out what works best for us before we add more points. My inlaws stayed at AK in a 2 bedroom and they loved the room but we were not impressed with the savannah view. Of course I have been staying at values, a few moderates and off site for the past 20 years so any DVC is an upgrade.

Cat
Disneycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:39 AM   #8
BEAM4DVC
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycat View Post
We just came back from our first DVC stay and we stayed at Poly 3 nights and loved it. We were 5 in a studio and it all worked very well for us. Loved the convenience, the room, the bathrooms. We have 3 more stays planned this year at BW, WL and BL to check out what works best for us before we add more points. My inlaws stayed at AK in a 2 bedroom and they loved the room but we were not impressed with the savannah view. Of course I have been staying at values, a few moderates and off site for the past 20 years so any DVC is an upgrade.

Cat
Poly has been our favorite resort for 20+ years! Had no reason to buy DVC until they added there.

Enjoy your "fact finding" mission! Sounds like a great way to make the decision about adding points. It's tough, but someone has to do it, right?
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:29 PM   #9
goofy kc
Two Bedroom

Love Poly! Sorry you had issues with the bedside table. There actually is a plug at the back of the shelf - two outlets and another usb. Surprised they didn't tell you that.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #10
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

We recently had our first stay at Poly and also loved the layout and decor of the room. It is a great studio if one has to do a studio stay and was especially good in that we had our 19 year old twin DDs with us. It was really doable for the 4 of us.

BUT...2 negatives....it is a noisy resort as you can hear all the doors slamming all hours of the night and morning. They are some heavy doors. And thin walls. ALSO could hear toilet, above us, flush. Second negative is all the separate buildings and the walk to the main lobby and food options.

At any rate, OP, have a great cruise. Hoping you post a little report about that too.

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon Oct 14-15 at HHI and Dec 19-24 at BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote