home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-29-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
poster44
Two Bedroom

Default How Does MDE Use Multiple Tickets?

What happens when you have two tickets for an individual? How does MDE apply those tickets?

My situation: adult son has 5-day expiring hopper now on his MDE. BUT, he is only going to be there 3 days. I have another ticket for him, but not currently on his MDE, a multi-day non-expiring hopper, which I would like for him to use, saving the expiring hopper for F&W, when he will be there 5 days. So, not sure how this works and any assistance much appreciated:

1.)Will MDE use that expiring ticket first (because it was loaded first)?
2.)If so, then should I: a) remove him from ressie and then add him to ressie under his initials, then create a new MDE for my initial son (or does he even need a new MDE, if the initial son is on the ressie?
3.)Since we are within a couple of weeks of reservation and FPs made, can I delete son's FP and add initial son? Or, bc it is so close to travel date, are chances high I cannot delete and add on the FP's?

TIA, again, for any help. I am completely confused by what would be the smart game plan on this. Tickets are so exorbitant, the thought of leaving those two days unused is painful. LOL.
poster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:09 PM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

You need to stop at either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location PRIOR to entering a park and have the tickets prioritized in the order you want them used.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:11 PM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

And then double check sometime after entry that it was using the tickets in the way they were ordered just so you don't get any nasty surprises later when he went to use the expiring and found it gone because it had been used.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
poster44
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
You need to stop at either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location PRIOR to entering a park and have the tickets prioritized in the order you want them used.
TY! That sounds much easier than the add, subtract, pretzel-logic I have been contemplating. So, add the ticket now to MDE and then request the non-expiring takes priority prior to park entry?
Old 04-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #5
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster44 View Post
So, add the ticket now to MDE and then request the non-expiring takes priority prior to park entry?
Yes

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:15 PM   #6
Zencuda
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I have called ticketing, in the past and they put them in the order I wanted them to be used in.
Zencuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:15 PM   #7
poster44
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
And then double check sometime after entry that it was using the tickets in the way they were ordered just so you don't get any nasty surprises later when he went to use the non-expiring.
Yes. I completely agree w checking and verifying.

Once it starts using the non-expiring, is there a chance it might revert to the 5-day expiring? It will continue to use the non-expiring, theoretically? Or, should that visit to Guest Services be w every visit to a park?
Old 04-29-2018, 03:16 PM   #8
poster44
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zencuda View Post
I have called ticketing, in the past and they put them in the order I wanted them to be used in.
TY, both. Will do that today!
Old 04-29-2018, 03:30 PM   #9
poster44
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zencuda View Post
Just to clarify, 'ticketing'=MDE group or just the ticketing option, when you call?
Old 04-29-2018, 07:22 PM   #10
Tipscarl
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I usually email them after I get home. See the attached address and instructions.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fa...ses-remaining/
Tipscarl is offline   Reply With Quote