home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-08-2018, 08:03 PM   #1
richviii
One Bedroom

Default 7 Month Browser Switch

Been searching but trying to find news from 2018. Does the two browser, reserve the new 7 mo. ressie and then cancelling the 11 mo. ressie to free up the points still work? THANK YOU!;

Recent
2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:30 PM   #2
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

I tried it and did not have luck with it. Others have been successful.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:56 AM   #3
Spartan86
Studio

I was successful with it once last year responding to unexpected RAT availability. It was in the evening for what itís worth versus the 0800 crunch.
Spartan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:06 AM   #4
ssconner
Studio

I used that method a few days ago to cancel and free up banked points to use first for a new 7 mo booking. Did original search (and finished reservation) in chrome, then opened safari to cancel, refreshed chrome, and good to go!
ssconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #5
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

I am sitting here debating trying this...

I have reservation in a studio for the weekend of 6/22. Due to work commitments I have to shorten the stay. So since those points will go into holding and I have no plans to return anytime soon I was thinking of upgrading to a 1 bedroom (which is available and would use most of the points)

Sadly today's the day Disney started the fiasco known as Food & Wine booking (go read the "other board" it's more fun than usual this year.. they are booking things they didn't publicize so you have to spend longer on the phone because that's the ONLY way to know what is going on while you are at Disney during the event. ) Not sure I want to spend an hour on the phone to make this switch, but I certainly don't want to be homeless either!
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:52 AM   #6
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

I just used the browser switch trick this morning. I've done this trick several times and it's always worked for me (so far). I do make sure that I am using 2 different browsers and I generally do not log into the 2nd one until I have the 1st browser in the 20 minute hold window of the reservation I want.
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #7
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseKayC View Post
I just used the browser switch trick this morning. I've done this trick several times and it's always worked for me (so far). I do make sure that I am using 2 different browsers and I generally do not log into the 2nd one until I have the 1st browser in the 20 minute hold window of the reservation I want.
Thanks! I have been on hold for 20 minutes (hold time was 7 minutes) thanks to the idiotic Disney Food & Wine fiasco so I am going to give it try! crossing my fingers!

And it worked. (30 minutes on hold with no pick up! I just hung up so hopefully someone else caught in the mess gets through)

Last edited by CarolA; 06-12-2018 at 09:26 AM.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #8
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
And it worked. (30 minutes on hold with no pick up! I just hung up so hopefully someone else caught in the mess gets through)
Yay! Glad it worked for you!
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
Thanks! I have been on hold for 20 minutes (hold time was 7 minutes) thanks to the idiotic Disney Food & Wine fiasco so I am going to give it try! crossing my fingers!

Glad it worked for you!
Old 06-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #10
The.disney.couple
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseKayC View Post
Just so I'm understanding this correctly

Do you cancel the original reservation in the second browser while in the 20 minute window and then refresh the first browser where you have the new reservation ready to go in the new browser?

Refreshing the browser doesn't do anything to that new reservation?

Thanks!

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote