home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 05:37 PM   #1
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Default ? about anytime FP+s

Just wondering if I missed something. A few weeks ago, while staying at OKW, we were told we were getting 3 anytime FP+s because of problems we'd had. We requested a room change and I mentioned how we needed to be done by 9:30 so we could make our FP+ times. "Oh, don't worry" the manager told us, "I'm going to make sure you have 3 anytime FP+s for today". I figured we'd get some paper things, but we never got anything. A couple days later the head of housekeeping called our new room to apologize profusely for the problems we'd had, and she also promised us 3 anytime Fastpasses. Again-nothing! Were these FP+s somehow automatically loaded onto our MBs? Or did we indeed get promised something we never got? I just don't know how this works.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:04 PM   #2
willow13579
Studio

They load to your MB. If you log into the MDE app you'll be able to see them and what rides you can use them on.
willow13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:47 PM   #3
unveilmyeyes
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

If you used the app at all, even to check the times Id existkng fastpasses, you would have seen them listed as like any experience ...
unveilmyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:53 AM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by unveilmyeyes View Post
If you used the app at all, even to check the times Id existkng fastpasses, you would have seen them listed as like any experience ...
This! We had one we got after a ride broke down while on it, and it just automatically popped up after they scanned out band.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #5
pdude81
Grand Villa

Agreed with the above. Did you try to swipe into any rides to see if it let you through?
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:23 PM   #6
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Agreed with the above. Did you try to swipe into any rides to see if it let you through?
No, frankly I was afraid to try it and get denied. I didn't see anything on our MDE app though. Oh, well-at least everyone's helped me. Chances are I wasn't lied to, and it was there-I just didn't notice.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:40 PM   #7
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
No, frankly I was afraid to try it and get denied. I didn't see anything on our MDE app though. Oh, well-at least everyone's helped me. Chances are I wasn't lied to, and it was there-I just didn't notice.
If you checked MDE and they weren't in there at the time, then you probably didn't have any. Bummer if they didn't follow through.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:56 PM   #8
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
If you checked MDE and they weren't in there at the time, then you probably didn't have any. Bummer if they didn't follow through.
The should have been loaded onto your MBs automatically, but for future reference, you can stop into any Guest Services desk to have them check that they're there for you.
Those FPs should technically shown up in your MDE profile as a FastPass that has a picture of the bunch of balloons from UP.

However, my app was acting glitchy in May and while my son and I each had one of those Anytime FPs (Test Track closed down so we could not use that FP; Disney inserts an Anytime FP in its place). The UP balloons FP didn't always show up when I looked at my app. It was there sporadically, but did allow us to get into Character Spot later in the day. And we didn't even need it b/c SB line was only 5 min. LOL

Oct 2018 POP/BWV/BLT
Feb 2019 VGF
May 2019 VGF
June 2019 BLT
August 2019 Celebrity Eclipse
October 2019 Disney Magic DVC Member Cruise??
dvf_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:00 PM   #9
willow13579
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Were you just looking at the main screen or did you click through to "Show All My Plans"? If you have another FP+ or a dining reservation scheduled, the anytime FP won't show on the main screen and you'll need to click around to find it.

There can also be issues where if you have had multiple MDE accounts they'll load it to one instead of the other. My MIL had that issue recently because I've always managed her reservation but the anytime FP+ were loaded to her MDE under her email address but the MB she was using was under mine.
willow13579 is offline   Reply With Quote