home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #1
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Default Availability Calendar

Is the Availability Calendar gone or am I just not finding it. I like to pull it up and look over a several month period for some things, but nothing I am putting in is bringing up the calendar for me.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
AKLHome
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

The availability calendar and booking tool have been combined into one with the new update.
AKLHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 04:24 PM   #3
Oh_Joy!
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Look under your dashboard. Scroll down to the bottom.
Oh_Joy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:12 AM   #4
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I am just going on record to say that I do not like changes made to the RAT tool. Don't like it one little bit, not that anyone would care, but just had to vent some.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #5
dantr
One Bedroom

I agree. I don't like it that much. There are things that either I can't find or can't be done:
a) While searching for availability, if I want to change the room type or the resorts or the dates, I have to start from scratch
b) When starting from scratch, the tool doesn't remember previously entered values in regards to party size or dates

These past few days that I have had to do many searches for the a "last minute" trip, it has been challenging to see what is available.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #6
avsheffi
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantr View Post
I agree. I don't like it that much. There are things that either I can't find or can't be done:
a) While searching for availability, if I want to change the room type or the resorts or the dates, I have to start from scratch
b) When starting from scratch, the tool doesn't remember previously entered values in regards to party size or dates

These past few days that I have had to do many searches for the a "last minute" trip, it has been challenging to see what is available.

I'm not crazy about the new tool, but I especially find the "starting from scratch" thing frustrating!

avsheffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #7
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantr View Post

DVCjj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #8
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

You all realize that you can choose to search in 30-day blocks and then click on the room type to see what's available. Right? Pick the type with the most consecutive days available.
One back-click and you can choose another room type.

I searched SEP 1-30 to see when a 1-bed was open for 3 days at the resorts we wanted (studios weren't, except for SSR). Took it, made airfare reservations, and we're on our way. We waitlisted the studio at BCV and in came through saving us a bunch of points!

and MNSSHP!

NOV 2005 Grand Floridian (cash) - engagement!
FEB 2007 Port Orleans Riverside (cash)
APR 2009 Polynesian (cash)
! New DVC Owners !
JUN 2011 Contemporary (cash)
OCT 2011 Contemporary (cash) - MNSSHP
OCT 2013 BLT/VGF opening day
MAY 2014 BLT
OCT 2014 BLT - MNSSHP
MAY 2016 AKV - MK After-Hours
AUG 2016 VGF
OCT 2016 BLT -MNSSHP
APR 2017 OKW
OCT 2017 VGF - MNSSHP
DEC 2017 BLT
APR 2018 Coronado Springs (cash)
SEP 2018 BCV
OCT 2018 CCV -MNSSHP

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #9
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I am just going on record to say that I do not like changes made to the RAT tool. Don't like it one little bit, not that anyone would care, but just had to vent some.
After fairly playing around with it and aside from the WDW resorts being separate, I do not like it as a whole. For me, it takes more clicks and I feel it's cumbersome. I used to be able to do things very quickly whether to book or check things. Now it's one big chore that I dread.

I definitely vote on the "don't like" side along with you.
DVCjj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:39 AM   #10
John2247
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
After fairly playing around with it and aside from the WDW resorts being separate, I do not like it as a whole. For me, it takes more clicks and I feel it's cumbersome. I used to be able to do things very quickly whether to book or check things. Now it's one big chore that I dread.

I definitely vote on the "don't like" side along with you.

I wish they would, although they probably will not, go back to the previous system which was easier and quicker.

John