home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TECH SUPPORT > Tech Support
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 07:36 PM   #1
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Default Glitch with Dues?

Received an email today that there was a problem with our dues and a new bank account I put in,,,,looked at DVC account and reads we are past due but my bank shows the dues came out..??? Of course admin is closed....
We were hacked in the original bank so we are closing it this week and I put in the new bank for next months payment. Now the new account isn't there either and when I tried to do it again it is saying put in valid US bank account . I called the new bank and they said no issues with account. Hoping it is some DVC glitch maybe some IT people may know here. This has my nerves shot and yes I know I can call in am but now I wont sleep tonight....but I am so paranoid these days.

ME ,DH , DS23 , DD21 , DD12
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:09 PM   #2
Sephorin
One Bedroom

Well, if it's not a problem on Disney's end, then there is only one thought that I have. Some bank accounts only allow you to "push" money from your bank account to another bank or institution (like Disney). I actually have one account like this. I cannot "pull" money from the account. If I tried to pay a credit card balance from the credit card web site, this bank account would not work. However, I can initiate the transaction with the bank and "push" the money to the credit card web site.

I have no idea if this the problem in your case or not. Perhaps you can ask your new bank. Best of luck!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Thanks...I called new bank he didn't say I couldn't do it. Calling in the morning,, the bank shows the dues were paid but they're still saying past dues on DVC site. I hope this doesn't turn in to a fight. Calling at 9am sharp..will write back and tell outcome !

Old 07-11-2018, 10:17 PM   #4
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

You can also pay one month dues via credit card or GC to cover the dues and not have past due status till you sort out bank stuff.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #5
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
You can also pay one month dues via credit card or GC to cover the dues and not have past due status till you sort out bank stuff.

Thanks I saw that but since it was late I figured I will call and see in the am...we are so burnt out with all the old bank drama , though not in the budget, we may just pay them off for the year and be done with it. ...
Just want acknowledgement they got it because it shows they did
And want to know why the site won't take the account info...

Old 07-12-2018, 06:25 AM   #6
Sephorin
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi from RI View Post
Thanks...I called new bank he didn't say I couldn't do it. Calling in the morning,, the bank shows the dues were paid but they're still saying past dues on DVC site. I hope this doesn't turn in to a fight. Calling at 9am sharp..will write back and tell outcome !
That is very strange. I do not have any other thoughts, myself. I hope things work out for you. Best wishes!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:30 AM   #7
vwlmom
Studio

When I changed banks I needed to fax the information to member account along with a copy a voided check the would not let me do it over the phone.
vwlmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #8
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I have no solution for you, but I definitely feel your pain.

Our main corporate account was hacked the end of June (the account the payroll comes out of, etc.) and it has been a real nightmare getting this straightened out. The bank closed the account as soon as we called about the fraud and then told us after the fact they had closed it.

All I have done since this happened is work on this problem while all my other work is falling farther and farther behind.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:17 AM   #9
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

So ...somewhat of an update. I read here about people's frustrations with IT and waiting on the phone long etc. and I never have had those issues..well I guess..TAG ! I'm it!! Spoke with 2 nice girls (sounded young) in members accounting. Asked me to make sure I'm reading the numbers correctly... ( I'm married, 3 kids, a dog, 2 cats and earned a PhD in nursing so yes I can read and type in numbers correctly! ). Bottom line is still not working....they don't know why....because I am stubborn may call Monday and insist on getting someone from IT. Though the account is new we have had many other transactions go through now. This is also a national bank....so it must be a glitch on their end though I cannot imagine what it could be. Saying it's no a valid account. My DH is a patient man but he's even annoyed because he doesn't want to have to pay them all at once now (he wants some new expensive prescription sunglasses and it will eat into our budget since we aren't charging anything these days...trying to decrease debt so he can retire in 3 years! ).

Old 07-14-2018, 09:30 AM   #10
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I have no solution for you, but I definitely feel your pain.

Our main corporate account was hacked the end of June (the account the payroll comes out of, etc.) and it has been a real nightmare getting this straightened out. The bank closed the account as soon as we called about the fraud and then told us after the fact they had closed it.

All I have done since this happened is work on this problem while all my other work is falling farther and farther behind.

Yes again..it's not a brain tumor but....we were hacked twice in the original account then in the new one they told us to open so we do not feel protected with this bank. They didn't shut down our debits (which now in new bank we will rarely use) and really have not followed up with even a phone call as they see us taking all of our money out. Had 4 accounts with them now down to one waiting for 1 transaction so about 100 in there. We've banked with them for 20 years so really kind of disappointing...I know it is a bank but still expected some type of followup phone call...NADA.
It has been annoying, stressful and scary and creates a feeling of paranoia. We are very honest and nice people who try to do the right thing as we believe in karma ....this is very violating....but we will get through it and many lessons learned. Our new bank has been great and they have multiple layers of security as we are now seeing even when we call with questions, though annoying, we are happy they are doing it.
Just a little disillusioned about how horrible and unscrupulous people can be trying to steal other people's money that they work hard to earn. Like judge Judy says..."Get a job!!!!" .