home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-07-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Default ? about new tickets and "date based"

I'm curious as to whether the new ticket strategy will be based on the time of year, like the DVC "seasons" or by days of the week, like the Florida "weekday only" AP. Anyone know? Or is it a "stay tuned and find out"?
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:16 PM   #2
PSULion22
Grand Villa

My assumption is it will be both, like at DL or party tickets. The price will vary based on demand. So weekends and busier times will be more than weekdays or slower times, with weekends during those busier times and the other busiest peak demand times being more than that.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Both.....Season and Day.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
ross0354
Studio

Does this mean you can no longer just buy a 3 day ticket and then figure out which 3 days in your 7 day trip you'll be in the parks? You would need to know your specific dates prior to buying the tickets? And what if your plans change?
ross0354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:56 PM   #5
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross0354 View Post
Does this mean you can no longer just buy a 3 day ticket and then figure out which 3 days in your 7 day trip you'll be in the parks? You would need to know your specific dates prior to buying the tickets? And what if your plans change?
At DL, it only applies to one day tickets. So you would not need to know each day of a multi-day ticket. I don’t know if it will be the same at WDW, though I assume it will. And I believe that WDW’s current tiered pricing model has you buy the tickets at the highest rate during your vacation, so all days would be valid. (I’m not positive because we’re APs). So that may be the system as well, they’re just diversifying the price tiers to individual dates and not just grouped into seasons.

Last edited by PSULion22; 10-07-2018 at 03:01 PM.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:48 PM   #6
GrumpyInPhilly
Studio

Quote:
With a 3-day ticket you would have 5 days (6 on a park hopper plus ticket) to use it starting on the date you pick. Longer tickets allow for more off days.
GrumpyInPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:27 PM   #7
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
I was kind of wondering about this also. For example, what if the day you had planned to go to the park it's pouring rain all day, so you decide to go the next day...but the next day is a more expensive day.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:33 PM   #8
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
I was kind of wondering about this also. For example, what if the day you had planned to go to the park it's pouring rain all day, so you decide to go the next day...but the next day is a more expensive day.
Great question. Any answers? We go for five or six days every-other-year. The kids get four or five day park hoppers. Grandma and I just regular three or four day. Under the new scenario will we have to decide up front which days to go to parks? Mickey, better not!!

If so, there will be 300 SSR points for sale asap.

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #9
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
If it's a multiday ticket and you are within the window of use, then it's no problem. If it's a one day ticket, I'm guessing they'll want more $. So then the question becomes...when you put your magic band on the tap point, does it tell you to go back to the ticket window to pay? Maybe they'll take a credit card right there - I've seen them pull people aside with the ipad and fix a fingerprint problem. Or, maybe they'll charge it to your magic band if you have a card on account.
March 2014, off site

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:41 PM   #10
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post
Great question. Any answers? We go for five or six days every-other-year. The kids get four or five day park hoppers. Grandma and I just regular three or four day. Under the new scenario will we have to decide up front which days to go to parks? Mickey, better not!!

If so, there will be 300 SSR points for sale asap.
I see you purchased SSR points in 2004 ... before you "sell" those points take a look at price per night for the upcoming holiday. I was just looking and I am shocked. Please realize the value you currently possess with DVC until we see maintenance fees at least! haha
MMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote