home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 03:48 PM   #1
chidis
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Associating reservations

Hello, am a DVC member who never has quite enough points. I have two upcoming reservations where I've booked nights with my membership and then booked an extra night by renting points. I called MS to have the reservations linked (or associated as she put it) but she said that couldn't be done unless both members were on the call requesting it. I have all confirmation numbers and the names of the people are the same on both reservations (including me). I swear I've done this before, have they changed policies?
Old 11-07-2018, 04:34 PM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidis View Post
I called MS to have the reservations linked (or associated as she put it) but she said that couldn't be done unless both members were on the call requesting it.
AFAIK, that's always been the policy.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:48 PM   #3
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Hello, am a DVC member who never has quite enough points. I have two upcoming reservations where I've booked nights with my membership and then booked an extra night by renting points. I called MS to have the reservations linked (or associated as she put it) but she said that couldn't be done unless both members were on the call requesting it. I have all confirmation numbers and the names of the people are the same on both reservations (including me). I swear I've done this before, have they changed policies?
Ask when you check in. I had this happen to a renter of mine when he rented two different reservations (one from me and one from someone else). They wouldn’t even let me link them together without the other member on the phone. The other member was traveling at the time and couldn’t be reached. Just tell the front desk when you check in you’d like to stay in the same room the whole time.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:05 PM   #4
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
AFAIK, that's always been the policy.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #5
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
OP, call the resort week to 10 days before check-in they will keep you in same villa, resort does not want to do extra cleaning.

You can ask the owner of rented night if they are willing to be on phone for a 3 way call for liking the reservations.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #6
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

The other thing I've done is to use touringplans.com's room request fax. In the notes section, I mention that I have a continuing stay in the same exact room type and that I'd like to not have to switch rooms at all. I also include the reservation number for the second stay.

Then, when I get there, I go to the front desk and verify that they have me in the same room for both stays. I've done this 4 times now and haven't had any issues.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:50 AM   #7
chidis
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thanks all! In the past I must have only associated reservations made with my contracts. I didn't think that this will also save them in cleaning, that's a good point and my touring plans fax is being sent today
Old 11-08-2018, 05:01 PM   #8
cynthiasuzanne
Studio

I have linked stays before where I booked part of the stay, and had to rent points for part of the stay. I did not need the other member to call. I do know, that they said sometimes it can be difficult to link reservations b/c everything has to be exactly the same. Street can't be St on one reservation or Mr. instead of Master. Hope that makes sense. (My 2 cents)

Me, DH, DS (17), DD (14)
cynthiasuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #9
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

When I have called to do this I was told both reservations DVC owners had to be on the phone to link them. I am glad to hear there are alternatives.