home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #1
cwmouse
Studio

Question Old Key West and Scooter

Staying in a studio -end of January- This is a PH rental. I understand there are no elevators? I did an online request for Peninsular Road and near transportation. I think I should call room assignment and ask if I could get near HH and ground floor?I would tell them we have a scooter. Also do the boats going to Disney Springs accommodate scooters?
cwmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:12 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmouse View Post
Staying in a studio -end of January- This is a PH rental. I understand there are no elevators? I did an online request for Peninsular Road and near transportation. I think I should call room assignment and ask if I could get near HH and ground floor?I would tell them we have a scooter. Also do the boats going to Disney Springs accommodate scooters?
I'd make it a request of ground floor due to medical reasons first and foremost. Then if you want to add an area you can do that. Ground floor is much more important IMO than an area with a scooter.

And yes, the boats can accommodate scooters.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
cwmouse
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I'd make it a request of ground floor due to medical reasons first and foremost. Then if you want to add an area you can do that. Ground floor is much more important IMO than an area with a scooter.

And yes, the boats can accommodate scooters.
Thanks, would you happen to know the number for room assignment? I also want a non-HA room because I need a bathtub.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:19 PM   #4
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks, would you happen to know the number for room assignment? I also want a non-HA room because I need a bathtub.
I think there's a post somewhere on the boards with numbers. I've always just made the requests thru MS so I don't have the number at my finger tips.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:24 PM   #5
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
There are elevators in buildings 62-64. Since you said this is a rental, I would see if the owner can put the request in for elevator or 1st floor for medical reasons. Or call Old Key West (407) 827-7700. I also would stop at the front desk at arrival to confirm this.

I get why you would want Peninsular with an ECV, but I would ask for the 1st floor or elevator first. As an FYI HH is a separate booking now so you can ask to be near but it would outside buildings 11-14 and 23-26.

The boats can accommodate as long as water levels are right.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:27 PM   #6
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I would change your request to ground floor or elevator, telling them about the ECV and not worry about location. OKW does have a couple of bldgs with elevator. You probably will not get HH unless you booked HH. If you ask for near HH, they are very creative with what they call “near HH”. I have found that it is not good to get too picky with room requests at OKW. Stick with what you really need which is ground floor or elevator. (I asked for ground floor or elevator near laundry because I was in a walking boot. I got ground floor but as far as I could possibly be from laundry and still be in OKW. CM at the front desk actually told me that I was lucky because I was equally close to 2 laundry areas (which was really equally far) and even better, it was “almost HH”.
I broke down and just rented an ECV, so at least being on the ground floor was helpful.
Yes, you can take ECV on boat from OKW to DS.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:32 PM   #7
yahoo
Studio

I love OKW !!!
yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:33 PM   #8
cwmouse
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I think there's a post somewhere on the boards with numbers. I've always just made the requests thru MS so I don't have the number at my finger tips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
There are elevators in buildings 62-64. Since you said this is a rental, I would see if the owner can put the request in for elevator or 1st floor for medical reasons. Or call Old Key West (407) 827-7700. I also would stop at the front desk at arrival to confirm this.

I get why you would want Peninsular with an ECV, but I would ask for the 1st floor or elevator first. As an FYI HH is a separate booking now so you can ask to be near but it would outside buildings 11-14 and 23-26.

The boats can accommodate as long as water levels are right.
This is a passholder rental I did online. I have been searching for room assigner phone numbers but haven't found that thread. Coming in late on a Friday night and I am concerned that changes at front desk won't be possible at a late hour. I will call the number supplied and hope I can get an accommodating assigner. Thank You for responding.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:38 PM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
This is a passholder rental I did online. I have been searching for room assigner phone numbers but haven't found that thread. Coming in late on a Friday night and I am concerned that changes at front desk won't be possible at a late hour. I will call the number supplied and hope I can get an accommodating assigner. Thank You for responding.
Ah gotcha on how it was booked. If you get an elevator building, you will be close to the HH at least. Have a good trip!
Old 01-12-2019, 06:58 PM   #10
cwmouse
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
I would change your request to ground floor or elevator, telling them about the ECV and not worry about location. OKW does have a couple of bldgs with elevator. You probably will not get HH unless you booked HH. If you ask for near HH, they are very creative with what they call “near HH”. I have found that it is not good to get too picky with room requests at OKW. Stick with what you really need which is ground floor or elevator. (I asked for ground floor or elevator near laundry because I was in a walking boot. I got ground floor but as far as I could possibly be from laundry and still be in OKW. CM at the front desk actually told me that I was lucky because I was equally close to 2 laundry areas (which was really equally far) and even better, it was “almost HH”.
I broke down and just rented an ECV, so at least being on the ground floor was helpful.
Yes, you can take ECV on boat from OKW to DS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Ah gotcha on how it was booked. If you get an elevator building, you will be close to the HH at least. Have a good trip!
Thanks , hope I can get something.