home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-07-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Default Does anyone else do this???

We’ve spent a lot of money on DVC points over the last few years. I’d ideally like 150 more, but I can’t seem to pull the trigger. Every time I calculate out the cost, I cringe. Yes, I still look at the resale sites. I have a problem... I think this hesitation to add on again is for many reasons:

1) it’s a lot of money to buy in
2) how many points does one person really need
3) MF’s just keep creeping up and up
4) all the changes being implemented by DVC lately
5) it will be nice to have that money freed up for other things

It’s honestly an addiction, adding on, but I think I have finally hit the point where the sticker shock is winnng out over emotion more than anything. Anyone else feel the same way? You keep talking yourself out of buying but you keep window shopping???
Old 02-07-2019, 08:44 PM   #2
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Yes...I almost pulled the trigger today on a contract, but then asked myself how many do I really need, after buying another 50 at ccv this past month.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:46 PM   #3
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

We have 225 direct points at ssr and we are always borrowing the next year of points. We are really tempted to add on two small resale contracts because we like home resort booking priority at AK and BW. BUt the points we have are actually enough. We just keep poking around at the idea of more. But then we remember we have a kid in college and one going in two years and we need a new car and new Windows on the house. So reality keeps killing our day dreams. One day we may do it ,,,,,but as we get older we may find that what we have is enough But my husband send me a daily day dreaming email with resale contracts and prices ��

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:54 PM   #4
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
We have 225 direct points at ssr and we are always borrowing the next year of points. We are really tempted to add on two small resale contracts because we like home resort booking priority at AK and BW. BUt the points we have are actually enough. We just keep poking around at the idea of more. But then we remember we have a kid in college and one going in two years and we need a new car and new Windows on the house. So reality keeps killing our day dreams. One day we may do it ,,,,,but as we get older we may find that what we have is enough But my husband send me a daily day dreaming email with resale contracts and prices ��
The only thing my DH sends my way with regards to DVC points is a scowl every time I bring up even the possibility of buying more.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:03 PM   #5
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
The only thing my DH sends my way with regards to DVC points is a scowl every time I bring up even the possibility of buying more.

One day we'll both have a weak moment at the same time and will end up with some more points !!!! Lol! It's hard to keep telling him that we can't because I want too so badly. I should get a real prize for this extreme level of responsible adulting!!!!

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:06 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Definitely. I almost bought a fixed week at CCV last year sight unseen because we love BRV so much. I also seriously considered AKV. Like, to the point of filling in the offer and then canceling instead of hitting send. I just have too many other things on my want list right now to buy more points. However, I still get the emails three times a week. And Ill open those before I open anything else...
Old 02-07-2019, 09:22 PM   #7
TexasChick
Grand Villa

I still get the emails too. I have also gone so far as to fill out the online form before closing the page and not clicking on send. There are a handful that I keep eyeing, but they would cost $16K-$25K. So much money!!!
Old 02-07-2019, 09:26 PM   #8
yahoo
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Weve spent a lot of money on DVC points over the last few years. Id ideally like 150 more, but I cant seem to pull the trigger. Every time I calculate out the cost, I cringe. Yes, I still look at the resale sites. I have a problem... I think this hesitation to add on again is for many reasons:

1) its a lot of money to buy in
2) how many points does one person really need
3) MFs just keep creeping up and up
4) all the changes being implemented by DVC lately
5) it will be nice to have that money freed up for other things

Its honestly an addiction, adding on, but I think I have finally hit the point where the sticker shock is winnng out over emotion more than anything. Anyone else feel the same way? You keep talking yourself out of buying but you keep window shopping???
you and I must be twins.....
yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:31 PM   #9
yahoo
Studio

there must be something wrong with me.....I look at resale prices from 4 different sites all day long or every time my email goes off. And pull up the DVC site to see if anything has changed ....
yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:34 PM   #10
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Nope. We bought enough points up front, so we don't look.

Cheers.