home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-11-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
pereed11
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Problems with renting at certain times of the year

Hello DVC'ers,

I have rented several times in the past, and my family has typically traveled during the fall (mid to late September through mid October). We love to go during MNSSHP. However, the last two times we have ventured down during that time frame we have noticed a couple of things: 1.) It is still or can be brutally hot, and 2.) Crowd levels are getting larger and larger.

We thought we would try a new time of year. Next year (2020) we would like to rent points in February. I was hoping to get some feedback from more experienced renters/owners if maybe it is less difficult to find availability for studios, especially at premium resorts?

Just trying to game plan for when I send out a request next month! Any info would be greatly appreciated.
pereed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #2
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

i think february will be easier than fall, but i wouldn't tarry.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

You have to work around the Princess race weekend and Presidents day weekend. Much of the other times won't be near as bad as the fall but studios are getting a bit tougher to book at many more times of the year than they used to be. I agree to not plan on waiting too long. If SSR or maybe AKV or OKW were one of your preferred resorts you might be okay at 7 months. If you aren't going over the race weekend or presidents weekend you might be okay with a few others but if there's a resort you really want I'd still plan as close to 11 months as possible. If over Princess or Presidents then you definitely want to work as close to 11 months as possible.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
pereed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You have to work around the Princess race weekend and Presidents day weekend. Much of the other times won't be near as bad as the fall but studios are getting a bit tougher to book at many more times of the year than they used to be. I agree to not plan on waiting too long. If SSR or maybe AKV or OKW were one of your preferred resorts you might be okay at 7 months. If you aren't going over the race weekend or presidents weekend you might be okay with a few others but if there's a resort you really want I'd still plan as close to 11 months as possible. If over Princess or Presidents then you definitely want to work as close to 11 months as possible.
Thanks! That is good info to use. I appreciate it!
Old 02-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

As noted.....Early Feb is slow, President's Day weekend (week) is busy. Princess Marathon is last week of month. Beware of Cheerleaders......

The sooner you decide the rent, the better the inventory to pick from.

Studios at "cheap" times are always the first to go......well, at busy times too!
Old 02-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #6
pereed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
As noted.....Early Feb is slow, President's Day weekend (week) is busy. Princess Marathon is last week of month. Beware of Cheerleaders......

Studios at "cheap" times are always the first to go......well, at busy times too!
This is what i have learned! We would love to cross another resort off of our list and am hoping with going in February we will be able to do that.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #7
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Also remember in Feb of 2020 Star Wars will Be new and crowded. It would be wise to line up your owner early and try for exactly 11 months out if you want a premium resort studio .

This year it seemed studios were booked quickly at all premium resorts .
Shewill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:14 PM   #8
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post

We are here now and there are cheerleaders everywhere! Ouch.. my ears hurt from all the teenage girls screaming!
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #9
pereed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
We are here now and there are cheerleaders everywhere! Ouch.. my ears hurt from all the teenage girls screaming!
Yikes! Sorry to hear that!
Old 02-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #10
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post

Just whatever you do......don't get caught on a bus with a group of them. I am still scarred on the inside.....