home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-27-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Default ***Updated***Is Story Book dining at Artist Point really that popular?

Hubby and I decided last Monday to take a quick trip in February. Kind of ďlast minuteĒ in Disney terms. Frankly, there arenít many TS ďmust doísĒ for us, so after I booked the room/flights, I was done. Then I happened to remember about the ďnewĒ Snow White dining experience and thought we could check it out. Not one available reservation for the length of our trip! Is it closed for some reason, or is it just that popular? If itís just booked up, I will keep trying when I think about. But if itís closed for some reason, I donít want to waste my time. TIA!

Last edited by ermindy1133; 01-07-2020 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Duplicate post
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:35 PM   #2
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Hubby and I decided last Monday to take a quick trip in February. Kind of ďlast minuteĒ in Disney terms. Frankly, there arenít many TS ďmust doísĒ for us, so after I booked the room/flights, I was done. Then I happened to remember about the ďnewĒ Snow White dining experience and thought we could check it out. Not one available reservation for the length of our trip! Is it closed for some reason, or is it just that popular? If itís just booked up, I will keep trying when I think about. But if itís closed for some reason, I donít want to waste my time. TIA!
It's open and popular. Surprisingly so, IMO. They've almost sucked me in a couple of times but I waited too long. Next time we stay at CCV I'll book a dinner there.

DIrk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:44 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
It's open and popular. Surprisingly so, IMO. They've almost sucked me in a couple of times but I waited too long. Next time we stay at CCV I'll book a dinner there.

DIrk
Well I used the TP reservation finder. We will see. If it doesnít happen this time, Iíll book for our November trip at 180 days! We will be at BRV then anyway, so will be more convenient. I know that several people were upset when it changed to a character meal, but looks like it was a good move for Disney.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:46 PM   #4
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Well I used the TP reservation finder. We will see. If it doesnít happen this time, Iíll book for our November trip at 180 days! We will be at BRV then anyway, so will be more convenient. I know that several people were upset when it changed to a character meal, but looks like it was a good move for Disney.
We haven't eaten there before, but our guests wanted to try it for our next trip. I had no trouble getting a reservation for 7 @ 180 days
May 2019 Swan
Nov 2017 BWV/BRV/AKV
Dec 2016, POR
March 2014, off site

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:16 PM   #5
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

It's worth trying to get it. Food was really good, atmosphere was awesome and we had a great time.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:42 PM   #6
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
It's worth trying to get it. Food was really good, atmosphere was awesome and we had a great time.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:52 PM   #7
TeacherGrandma
Studio

Itís a very popular reservation; big demand. Itís really worth trying to snag one. The entire experience is incredibly themed, including the menus, food, table setting, lights, music, and characters. It really is fun; one of the best character meals on property!
TeacherGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:34 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
I read some really positive reviews(mostly here on MO) so Iíd really like to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherGrandma View Post
Itís a very popular reservation; big demand. Itís really worth trying to snag one. The entire experience is incredibly themed, including the menus, food, table setting, lights, music, and characters. It really is fun; one of the best character meals on property!
Now thatís a ringing endorsement! Maybe as people start to finalize their plans, we will be able to pick up a reservation. If not, Iíll definitely be ready when my window opens for November!
Old 11-27-2019, 11:26 PM   #9
ajc
Grand Villa

DH & I had a wonderful time with the meal; it is a plated main course and the timing for the appetizers, main course, and desserts were well placed. The Queen was my favorite character and she was very engaging (in a snooty way - of course she IS royalty).
As much as we enjoyed Artist Point as an original it was a bit of a sleepy experience and the new experience is wonderfully done and the popularity assures an income for the restaurant.
I was pleasantly surprised!

Last edited by ajc; 11-28-2019 at 12:58 PM.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:17 AM   #10
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
DH & I had a wonderful time with the meal; it is a plated main course and the timing for the appetizers, main course, and deserts were well placed. The Queen was my favorite character and she was very engaging (in a snooty way - of course she IS royalty).
As much as we enjoyed Artist Point as an original it was a bit of a sleepy experience and the new experience is wonderfully done and the popularity assures an income for the restaurant.
I was pleasantly surprised!
The Queen alone was worth going. She was so good in her part.
Best character meal experience at Disney.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote